Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

SDCC 14 Exclusive: DCU Classics Doomsday!!!!!

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: SDCC 14 Exclusive: DCU Classics Doomsday!!!!!

Postby 1987olds442 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:39 am

Hmm... Matty Collector has their other con exclusives listed as coming soon, but not Doomsday :smhuh:
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:05 pm

Just took a look on Matty and it now says "coming soon" in the purchase area..

On a happier note, it's also listed that he will be for sale on 8/4 (Early Access with Club Eternia) and if any are left for the rest of us, on 8/5
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:14 am

EA starts this morning, I am going to try to order Doomsday and Hordak at about 10 AM, I hope I can!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby 1987olds442 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:21 am

Well I was able to snag Doomsday, but I missed out on Hasbro's ML Thanos Imperative :smsad:
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby HectorHall » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:30 pm

I was able to get Doomsday an hour in to all access. $16 dollars for shipping and handling. I don't think I need anymore figures from Matty. Every time someone asks about the possibility of anything else for the DCUC line, Scott gives the same "didn't make the sub number" answer. I am officially sick of it. I was "all in" from the very beginning of this line. I have 200+ in extra figure sales in customs. I bought figures for nieces and nephews. I did sign up, but man it was tough, and I am happy/relieved the sub didn't make it because a) POOR OFFERINGS and b) unreasonably high SHIPPING! They get my money for Doomsday, I will be happy with the figure.
For Scott to regurgitate that same mantra over and over to a fan base that supported a toy line into 20 waves and several spin-offs is both childish and insulting. This is the last dime Mattycollector sees from me.
Sorry about the rant, that is all it was. The only good thing to come out of the Mattycollector experience is meeting most of you. So for that ....Thank You.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby 1987olds442 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:44 pm

I hear you HH and agree with you. With the poor mismanagement with how Mattel handled the DC line, and the total lack of respect for the fans/customers turns my stomach. At least we still have our customs to work on.

And dang $16 for one figure that is nuts. I bought three Doomsday figures and the shipping was $18.99.
Last edited by 1987olds442 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:09 pm

Hear hear! See my rant in the Super Powers thread. I too have tired of Scott's company line, and constant cries of no interest. I watched the Guardians movie and bought the Guardians figures, and while $20 still feels high to me, the amount stuff included makes Mattel's constant whining, disregard for loyal fans, and general cheapness by the largest toy company in the world kind of sickening.

Would it kill to make six-inch Christopher Reeve Superman instead of every other scale possible? Ab crunches? Too costly. A scythe? Hahahaha! Just not enough fan interest (in blind subscriptions, utter BS, unreasonable prices, and irrational shipping rates). If I'm paying twice as much as anywhere else for shipping, it should get there twice as fast, nit take three times as long, right?

Ah. I can't even get involved on the mattyboard threads anymore.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ensign » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:15 pm

Yeah Im not buying. There is other stuff out there I want like the Thanos Imperative set. And yes, Im tired of Scott too. Since 2008 they have not been able to keep a line going and shut them down ie Ghostbusters, Voltron, JLU, DCUC and not MOTUC. I dont think Mattel could market its way out of a paperbag. It makes me wonder whats going to happen to Matty Collector after 2015.
Ensign
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Tango X » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:21 pm

I'm still excited to get this. Partly excited also cause I want to see what people come up with for customs because I just know that this figure is going to get chopped up and transformed into the Doomsday unleashed by the talented customizers. :halgrin:
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby HectorHall » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:56 pm

I should add that I am happy for the figure. I was one of those nutty guys who preferred the "bound" version. Gonna have him beating the crap out of the Justice League :)
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel