Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

SDCC 14 Exclusive: DCU Classics Doomsday!!!!!

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: SDCC 14 Exclusive: DCU Classics Doomsday!!!!!

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:22 pm

Think I could beat the crap out of that era of the Justice League.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:40 pm

So sad too, because they started off very strong and then all of a sudden around wave 12 they took a major dump in our swimming pool...

they seemed to run out of characters (doesn't DC have over 3,000 characters to choose from?) and the best they could give us is a myriad of Batman, Superman and GL repaints?

Oh well, it was great and I was extremely excited EVERY single time I went to the store but like others, I am glad the ride is over.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Truwe » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:03 am

Idiot Savant wrote:So sad too, because they started off very strong and then all of a sudden around wave 12 they took a major dump in our swimming pool...

they seemed to run out of characters (doesn't DC have over 3,000 characters to choose from?) and the best they could give us is a myriad of Batman, Superman and GL repaints?

Oh well, it was great and I was extremely excited EVERY single time I went to the store but like others, I am glad the ride is over.

Amen. I'll probably get banned for saying this, but I have enjoyed most of the New 52 costumes and the fact that I only got a handful of characters is sad.

On top of that, EVERY TIME I have ordered from Matty Collector I have had an issue. The new one is, even though I bought them hours before they sold out, my order for DD and the Batmobile was cancelled because they were sold out. I only knew that because I contacted them when it said my order did not exist on their site. With their shipping and ridiculous arrival time, even if they did continue, I am to the point where I would pay the scalper ebay prices.
Truwe
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:34 am

Now where is that ban button...
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Truwe » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:21 pm

Lol, you have no idea how awkward it is to have underwear on the outside of a jump suit until you do a cosplay.
Truwe
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:23 pm

I got mine in the mail today. The packaging looks great. The figure looks awesome. Like really really cool. I'm not sure if they glued all the CnC parts in place but it hasn't fallen apart on me yet. Just need to bring myself to chop one of these guys up to make Doomsday Unleashed.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:02 pm

Yeah...that's always the tough decision; "to open, or not to open"

Good luck with that AD!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby 1987olds442 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:36 pm

I just saw this on another forum. I hope that this thing is real, and if so I'll be buying it. :goldsupes:
Dr Kain at TFW2005 wrote:If this is true, then this is just dirty Mattel:
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:06 pm

Dirty, underhanded, no good rotten big ass toy conglomerate...but I'll still buy one
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:39 am

I can't say I'm surprised... but I'm actually pretty happy about it!!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel