Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Mattel DC Comics 6-Inch Multiverse Figures

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: SDCC 2015 – Mattel DC Comics Multiverse Figures

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:00 pm

I snagged the Armored Batman, Flash, DoJ Wondie and Joker today...surprisingly good sculpts from Mattel (it's about damn time!) but articulation is still at the 2005 level..

Instead of the 50/50 Flash variants (white logo vs red logo) they should've issued a maskless sculpt as the regular and the masked head as the variant!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Webslinger » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:35 am

Idiot Savant wrote:Instead of the 50/50 Flash variants (white logo vs red logo) they should've issued a maskless sculpt as the regular and the masked head as the variant!

I agree, I got both versions they could have at least given us 2 heads to swap out.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:58 pm

Way to think like a customizer, Webs...I was being sarcastic towards the show!!! Haha
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:19 am

Webslinger wrote:
Idiot Savant wrote:Instead of the 50/50 Flash variants (white logo vs red logo) they should've issued a maskless sculpt as the regular and the masked head as the variant!

I agree, I got both versions they could have at least given us 2 heads to swap out.

Two heads???? For $20? Insanity! Why, the price of petroleum alone these days...
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Idiot Savant wrote:Way to think like a customizer, Webs...I was being sarcastic towards the show!!! Haha

Lol, what can I say...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:19 pm

Not much exciting at Toyfair. I'll probably pick up Katana from the Suicide Squad assortment - I need a figure of her and she's got one of the few looks in the movie I like much.

I could be convinced on Captain Boomerang, though. I like the detail on his coat, and the scraggly hair coming out from under the hat, and the goofy facial hair. Not bad.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:03 pm

I'm with you on Katana and the coat for Boomerang looks to be from DKRises Bane's closet...so he's probably a pass for me but Katana and Croc are on my list for sure
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:39 am

None of these are anything I'll be buying for my collection. Will probably get a few Katanas though for fodder since she's got unique parts and you can't have too many female bodies buried, er, laying around. Overall it was a rather disappointing showing. Only a couple comic versions revealed and one is Super(crappy)Doom? Ugh. We'll probably finally get a Vixen soon. Unfortunately it'll probably be the CW version now that she's appearing on Arrow, because, well, Mattel.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:37 pm

IS - Good call on that Bane reuse. Kinda forgot that movie existed.

Yeah, I don't know if they're waiting until that Rebirth thing to start doing more comic figures, or if they can only make money on the mass media stuff anymore. DC's always in a tougher spot for mixed lines, because there's really only a few mainstream DC characters. Marvel has more widely popular roster, and that was true even before they sold off their big film rights and had to make something out of the Avengers.

I'll be happy to have this Katana in my Squad display - I like the look, and I was never a big fan of her comic costumes.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:31 pm

I love the fact she has two swords but what the hell is in Katana's left hand?

Also, I noticed Boomerang's throwing hand has silver tipped fingers on the gloves...interesting
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel