Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Mattel DC Comics 6-Inch Multiverse Figures

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: SDCC 2015 – Mattel DC Comics Multiverse Figures

Postby secondwhiteline » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:18 am

Idiot Savant wrote:I love the fact she has two swords but what the hell is in Katana's left hand?

Also, I noticed Boomerang's throwing hand has silver tipped fingers on the gloves...interesting

Maybe he's got a metal shielded glove to catch the boomerangs? That's a nice detail. I don't get how the costume designers who thought that up could design a Harley or Enchantress that looks like they do in the movie.

And I was wondering that about Katana. Really hard to tell from that angle.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Nett3000 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:18 pm

I am completely with PB on these figures. They are very uninspiring!

The only one that interests me is Son of Batman because he looks like a DCUC Guy Gardner repaint with an angrier Lex Luthor head sculpt.
Nett3000
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Tango X » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:26 pm

Only Katana catches my eye.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby amos brearly » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:32 pm

[url]Image/url]

Best Superman Mattel has ever given us. Finally a decent head sculpt and cape.

Gives me a little hope for some more figures worth adding to the DCUC ranks. Looking forward to Armored DKR Batman.
amos brearly
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:24 am

Really? I actually just bought him today for a custom using the bulkier body. I don't mind the figure, and I know that it's DKR accurate, but his hair curl sticks so far out, I would definitely not consider that a good headsculpt. Accurate, yes. But not for what I would consider the perfect Superman figure. Mattel has yet to make that. I guess he's the Mattel version of Sue Storm, lol.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby amos brearly » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:50 am

Yeah I honestly think he is. Previously the DCUC Superman offerings were very weak, soft head sculpts, capes that kind of float on the shoulders, are to heavy and hang terribly ). This one (whilst DKR art isn't my favorite-far from being one of my top ten books even) is source accurate has a great cape and just has presence on the shelf.

He isn't the perfect Superman figure. That one would be source accurate to Curt Swann's Bronze age art. That would be Superman and I wouldn't need another-ever. So Mattel will almost definitely not make it.
amos brearly
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:58 pm

It's definitely comic accurate to the source material. I'm just not a fan of the source material. I do like the cape, though. The material feels different, and it's less busy with folds and stuff.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue May 03, 2016 10:28 am

Still waiting on preorders for Katana. BBTS only has the sets and certain figures. I emailed Dorkside, who said they'll have preorders for individual Squad figures up, hopefully within the next week or two.

Just someone take my money for this figure, won't you?
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby 1987olds442 » Wed May 04, 2016 1:23 pm

As much as I love my DCUC figures I just can't seem to get into these new figures. The only one I picked up so far is the DKR Superman. I don't know if it's not having a fiction that I care about, or that I feel they are over priced for the poor quality of figure that they are putting out.

Maybe it will change now that the Pre-New52 Superman is back in the comics.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat May 14, 2016 12:17 pm

I bought the DKR Bats for a custom with a bulkier body. Other than that I just glance at these and shake my head wondering why figures with no ab crunch are still being made in 2016 and at the same price as better figures. None of these have seemed to hard to find. Just no interest in any of them.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel