Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC Club Infinite Earths Ra's al Ghul

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: DC Club Infinite Earths Ra's al Ghul

Postby S. Griffin » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:37 pm

1987olds442 wrote:You know it is too bad that with all the years Mattel was making the DCUC figures they never designed a new suit body.

Mattel DID design a new suit body and first used it with the Question and ever since, aside from the Two-Face repaint. The early suit body had the weird split molded tie that only worked well with Two-Face; The newer suit body doesn't have a molded tie, different arms, a different crotch piece, different legs, but it does use the same shoes/feet as the Clark and Two-Face. If we count the John Constantine body as a suit body (used only once and he's only wearing a tie and jacket), that's a brand new torso to duplicate a wrinkled shirt, but it uses the same arms, crotch, legs, and pants as Question, Sandman, Black Mask, Phantom Stranger, and Ra's.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Avalon » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:21 pm

Dang, I guess what we should've really been asking for was a bulkier suited body. :batlol:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby amos brearly » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:31 am

i was super happy about Ras until i saw the photos from sdcc. i really feel like they phoned it in on the head sculpt and figure in general. infact it really doesn't look like horseman work at all?

such a shame. he is at best disappointing. like you all im hoping for a better figure in hand.
amos brearly
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby S. Griffin » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:33 am

it's not a great photo at the beginning of this thread, but I was pretty close to the screen at Mattypalooza and the Ra's proto does look tons better than the production figure Mattel design made from it. Again, it's hard to tell from that photo, but it even has grey in the hair.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:39 pm

Darn, that’s happened on a few occasions now.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:26 pm

Man, I know I said this already, but that Ra's scimitar is comically huge.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:25 pm

His scimitar is a distraction from the lousy head sculpt and effort put into such a pivotal character...feel they let us down on this one but I guess we will know for sure next week....
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:44 pm

Ironically the sheer suckiness of this figure is convincing me to get two of them. One to leave untouched up and one to customize into what I thought it should've been.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby S. Griffin » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:30 pm

I'll admit it. I bought one.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:59 pm

Yep me too and Acid, that's a good idea for a before and after example..please share pics when it's completed
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel