Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC Club Infinite Earths Ra's al Ghul

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: DC Club Infinite Earths Ra's al Ghul

Postby S. Griffin » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:56 am

AcidDragon wrote:I might plop those hands on Constantine and maybe Uncle Sam. The one hand almost looks like he’s pointing. :batlol:

That was my plan. The one hand looks like it should hold a little plastic Silk Cut pretty well.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:35 pm

I just opened mine...he's your standard suit buck with a newly collared cape. His scimitar is laughingly large but it fits very snug in his smaller than orignally pictured hands.

His head sculpt is "interesting" to say the least. When he was first announced, I was picturing the Neal Adams' version; but that's not what we received.

His eyebrows (of which he should'nt have any based on his first appearance) are almost as big as his scimitar, he has no gray-hairs anywhere on his head, his mouth area resembles a chimpanzee's and, at least on my figure, his goatee is shorter on one side than the other; as if he sneezed while trimming it with a scissors.

Overall, not too happy with Mattel's decision on their rendition; but at least we have him now so we can improve on Mattel's mistakes.

If you're on the fence about buying this version: don't bother; or at the very least, find him loose at a con or second hand shop.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:36 pm

One last thing to note: although his hands are smaller than originally pictured, they do look kinda boney, old man hands.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby DTW » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:00 pm

Can you hear that? It's the sound of the ball being dropped, hard. With this kind of execution on one of the most-anticipated, Bat-related characters in Matty's to-be-made DC roster, it's becoming less and less of a surprise that people didn't have enough faith to continue subscribing to CIE.

I didn't want to pass judgment on this guy until I got him, because there have been plenty of times that a head sculpt or some other feature looked bad in pre-release pics and then turned out fine in person. In truth, the head sculpt is not the worst thing about this figure, although it is a bit of let-down for anyone who wanted a legitimate, classic Ra's al Ghul. The paint apps make the details very soft, which don't do it any favors.

The single worst thing? The one thing that makes this figure utterly useless? The inability to move his head. C'mon, Matty...it's been years. A functioning ball-jointed neck is a make-or-break point for a figure, especially one like this that really needs something to help it pose dynamically. If customizers have figured out how to modify heads so that they can move freely on this peg, why hasn't Matty? As it is, even if you get Ra's into a cool, about-to-swing-his-giant-scimitar pose, it's pointless because his head can't tilt up at all, leaving him permanently staring at the ground. Just awful.
DTW
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: So, Ra's is on his way...

Postby loolar » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:38 pm

1987olds442 wrote:A while back I picked up a DC Direct Hush series Ra's Al Ghul to swap out the head when I get the DCIE version.

Much as I dig on that sculpt, every time I look at it, I see Kurtwood Smith:

loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby S. Griffin » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:29 pm

Wow. I didn't before, but it seems like I will, too, now. Thanks for that. :smgasp:
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby loolar » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:55 pm

I can almost hear him saying, "Batman, you... are a dumbass."
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Tango X » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:02 pm

loolar wrote:I can almost hear him saying, "Batman, you... are a dumbass."

I'd expect nothing less from the man who murdered Alex Murphy. :batshock:
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby 1987olds442 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:29 am

Haha... I can not un-see Kurtwood Smith now, but it's still better than the Brad Garrett head that he comes with :joklol:
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:06 pm

Just got mine, It feels like a half @$$ figure. Nothing really exciting. Ive also noticed that the past few figures have SO much paint on face area, especially the mouth/chin area. IDK if its just mine, but they just look like they have a ton of cover up on.

Easy on the foundation Ra's.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel