Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Super Powers Stands

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Super Powers Stands

Postby Havok1891 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:31 pm

So I want to hear what you guys do regarding stands.

I have sold a large portion of mine. The plan was to buy more when they went on a discount rate. But Mattel doesn't seem to be cutting deals like that anymore. I still kind of want bases, but my experience with figures and the Super Powers stands is kind of like this:

1) Works for some figures.
2) Some figures can stand on it but they are too loose in the peg hole (cue jokes).
3) Some figures are too tight in the peg hole (cue jokes).
4) And of course there are the occasional older figures like Supergirl & Mr. Freeze that lack peg holes.

So . . . . if I can't get a base for all the figures . . . what's the point in getting a base for any (unless they have trouble standing up)?
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Super Powers Stands

Postby Avalon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:34 pm

I pretty much do not use stands at all for any of my figures except for my Watchmen set that came with stands included. I have a tub full of blank and Super Powers stands that came with my figures that will never see any use. Basically if I can't use them on all my figures, I don't really see the point but that's just me. :smummm:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby Havok1891 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:37 pm

I completely agree, how many stands do you have and are you interested in trading?
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Avalon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:42 pm

I'm not sure how many I have exactly. Pretty much just the ones that came with my figures like All Star Superman and a few others and then the Super Powers ones that came with figures like Cyclotron and stuff. I don't know exactly where the tub is, pretty much half of what I own is tubbed at the moment but if I run into them and I'm sure I will, I'll fire you a PM! :smgrin:
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby beastovjudgement » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:26 pm

I never got any of the Super Powers stands. I had a huge amount (around 70) of the plain blue DCUC stands, which netted me an enormous profit on eBay. These days, I use stands only on figures which cannot manage upright on their own. For these types, I use plain clear circle stands.
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby amos brearly » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:31 pm

how much were the stands going for on ebay?

i have never seen the use in them. they are too big to use in a tight display and most if not all my figures stand fine by themselves?
amos brearly
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Havok1891 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:13 am

I don't know the exact average value but I know the clear light blue stands can go for a good bit, even a small amount. They are tough to get and people probably want one for all of their figures (even if they don't all fit properly). I know I tried to do that briefly. The SUper Powers stands are the next option but even they don't fit well for some figures. They can sell for about $14 for 10 or so because Mattel charges so much for a pack of 20. A pack off of Matty's website costs like just over $22 after shipping and tax.
Havok1891
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby beastovjudgement » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:49 am

My sealed pack of plain blue DCUC stands had a winning bid of $57. This was around a year ago. Three groups of 15 - 20 loose stands ended at around $30 - $40 each; I don't remember the exact amount. I was seriously expecting something like $25 all together, and would have been perfectly happy with that price. It was a very nice surprise.
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Freddie: » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:08 am

Kinda off topic but they work great with the actually Super Powers figures from the 80's! :smlol: :batlol: :wwlol:
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel