Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The DCC/DC Direct Compatibility with DCUC Thread

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: The DCC/DC Direct Compatibility with DCUC Thread

Postby loolar » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:29 pm

Justice Freak wrote:A couple that fit in really well with the DCUC are the DCD Sivana and Dr. Light(female) figures. Classic Black Lightning and Any of the Birds of Prey Figures(from the set) work nicely too.

I've wondered about that classic Black Lightning. That "history" line seemed the most compatible with DCUC. I was looking at Kobra, Ocean Master, and Geo-Force from that line too.

I had the BOP Huntress with my Bat-family, and she seemed to fit in well.
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby O.G.Trilogy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:20 pm

I used to have a LCS that sold DCUC and DC Direct figures and sometimes I would hold them next to eachother to see if the History of the DC Universe figures would go well with my DCU collection. From what I was able to tell, I think the History of the DC Universe figures were much too big and tall to fit in very well with DCU.

I have always mixed the two lines when the size is appropriate or I need to fill a gap in my collection. A lot of times I missed out on the DCU version of a character and was easily able to substitute DC Direct figures for less money in a lot of cases. I actually looked at the History of the DC Universe Black Lightning and Ocean Master next to different DCU figures several times to compare the scale and I decided against them every time.

Of course you could always fudge it by putting the shorter figures on stands or bases to give them a little extra height or you may be able to get the larger figures in a crouching pose or something to make it harder to tell they're taller. Sometimes you can mix them, but I think that line in particular is a little to big to mesh well with DCU.
O.G.Trilogy
Partner
Partner

Postby loolar » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:19 pm

I hear ya. I think I've held them beside each other and come to the same conclusion. However, at this point, I'm facing too big classic Black Lightning or none at all.
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Freddie: » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:13 pm

loolar wrote:
packerbacker180 wrote:I wish the DCD Soranik Natu meshed better, but she's too tall and her head is way too big for a DCUC figure. :(

That's a shame. I was holding on to her to add to the GL's... do you have some pics?

I had Arisia with my gang, and while she's taller, I didn't mind it too much; she's an alien anyway. The ones that are clearly non-human aliens like Warth, Indigo, Munnk, Saint Walker, etc. I think look just fine.

I also had Batwoman up there for awhile, and again, I wasn't too bothered by the height difference.

Soranik is the same height as Arisia so if you didn't mind Arisia's height, Soranik will fit in just fine.
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Freddie: » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:33 am

This is my New Teen Titans shelf. The HIVE members, Vigilante, Mallah and Trigon as well as Hawk, a custom Dove, custom Aquagirl, custom Kole and custom Pantha (who you can't see in the photo) are DCUC, the remainder are made by DC Direct. I will try to get a good panoramic shot of my GL shelf since those are the figures that are being discussed the most. I have any unique Lanterns produced by Mattel and DC Direct/Collectibles) I just wanted to share so that you could get an idea of how the two brands work together. Image
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:57 am

That's a great mix of figs!

I've done the same thing with my DCUC/DCD shelf by enlarging the members of the various Lantern Corps' and they mix very well together...I'm fine with different heights because they're aliens and everyone doesn't have to be equal in height.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby amos brearly » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:17 pm

the dcc lanterns work fine. infact there are some really great dcc lanterns-indigo 1, brother warth, kryyb etc.

i just cant ignore the height/scale issues with the human figures.

that being said the perez robin figure is the best robin figure ever, definitely a favorite of mine, an absolutely fantastic sculpt.
amos brearly
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby amos brearly » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:35 pm

does anybody have any idea when the greg capullo inspired batman, nightwing and talon figures are likely to hit? they really have potential.
amos brearly
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:46 pm

Spring of next year. :batgrin: I'm not in love with the Nightwing's headsculpt. It just looks a bit off to me but the Batman and Talon look great.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby O.G.Trilogy » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:27 am

I am so excited for a Talon figure and the Capullo Batman figure looks like he'll make the DCC and the Batman Unlimited versions obsolete.

I just received my DC Collectibles Black Manta and Death of the Family Joker yesterday and there's nothing wrong with either of them, but I'm really looking forward to figures that are a little bit more posable.
O.G.Trilogy
Partner
Partner

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel