Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The DCC/DC Direct Compatibility with DCUC Thread

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

The DCC/DC Direct Compatibility with DCUC Thread

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:51 am

Anyone have any recommendations for DC Collectibles and DC Direct figures that are well scaled and highly compatible with the DC Universe Classics line? Comparison pics would be great but not mandatory. :smgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The DCC/DC Direct Compatibility with DCUC Thread

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:09 pm

Atrocitus works better than the DCIE version; he taller and larger and though lacking a lot of articulation, looks better

Actually, any of the DCD Lantern Corps variety figures work great with the DCUC, which also adds some much needed army builders too.

DCD Robot Brainiac is also a great fit if one doesn't already have the DCSH figure

You should probably avoid he earlier DCD GL Traveling Heroes figures...they're articulation is rough and sculpting/poses are awkward...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:40 pm

I wish the DCD Soranik Natu meshed better, but she's too tall and her head is way too big for a DCUC figure. :(
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Here's a DC Direct Batman Long Halloween Madhatter scale comparison. He's the only DC Direct figure I have on display in my collection. I think he works well scale-wise and feels more like a pack-in. I know he's rarely portrayed as a midget in the comics, but I think he really works well with DCUC and doesn't feel too out of place.

Here, we've got him displayed with the Un-Men, Dawg, Penguin and the Adrian Chase Vigilante to give you guys a thorough idea of scale. :batgrin:

dc_direct_batman_long_halloween_madhatter.jpg
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:51 pm

I'm also looking at Brother Warth for my Blue Lantern Corps display.

BrotherWarth.jpg
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:02 pm

That seems to be the elephant in the room. Wah-wah.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Justice Freak » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:45 pm

A couple that fit in really well with the DCUC are the DCD Sivana and Dr. Light(female) figures. Classic Black Lightning and Any of the Birds of Prey Figures(from the set) work nicely too.
Justice Freak
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Crazy Jetty » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:48 pm

Any DCD non-human lantern works really well in a DCUC GL display, with the exception of someone like Soranik or Arisia, who are too tall as has been mentioned.

Any woman who's supossed to be beefier, like Wonder Woman or Powergirl works really well.

DCD Blackest Night SC Mongul is loads better than the DCUC version. If you don't mind next to no articulation.
His sculpt and paint are actually accurate. He's too big, but he's one of those unique characters who look better when they're too big, than when they're too small, so it's forgivable.

In my DCUC display, Here's what I have that's DCD, and I think they work really well:
Indigo-1 (Her skinniness and height make her look less human and a bit more creepy. I like it)
Brother Warth
Salaak
Star Sapphire Wonder Woman
Scar
Black Lantern Terra
Black Lantern Hawkgirl
SC Mongul
Orange Lantern Lex Luthor (The size and headscult work way better than the DCUC)

And if I'm being truthful, Atrocitus kicks the DCUC version's butt. But I don't have him, and you'd have to shell out an arm and sever a leg for the DCD version.

So, my opinion is most alien lanterns that mattel never did, and any character that size matters, DCD is the way to go.

But it can also go the other way. Mattel's Saint Walker kick's DCD's butt.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:29 am

Oh wow, thanks Justice Freak! I wasn't even aware that DC Direct MADE a Dr. Sivana! It looks perfect for my collection. I'm going to try to find one at a good price right away! :batgrin:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby loolar » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:26 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:I wish the DCD Soranik Natu meshed better, but she's too tall and her head is way too big for a DCUC figure. :(

That's a shame. I was holding on to her to add to the GL's... do you have some pics?

I had Arisia with my gang, and while she's taller, I didn't mind it too much; she's an alien anyway. The ones that are clearly non-human aliens like Warth, Indigo, Munnk, Saint Walker, etc. I think look just fine.

I also had Batwoman up there for awhile, and again, I wasn't too bothered by the height difference.
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel