Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Top 5 Best Looking DCUC Figures

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: Top 5 Best Looking DCUC Figures

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:22 am

I agree about Ares, he's such an imposing and awesome character to look at and you're correct on how Mattel has cheaped out on us over the years since Ares was made...you're also correct that his parts were never used again; making him truly unique.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby S. Griffin » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:47 pm

5. Wave 10 Black Costume Batman. Maybe it's just 'cause I'm a huge Burton Batman fan, or maybe as much as I like Batman in the comics, a black costume always made more sense than a gray one (no matter the accent color).
4. Ares. Nothing more to say about this figure, considering what's been said, already.
3. Jonah Hex. Amazing sculpt, loaded with detail; however a problem arises in that most of the figures Mattel released have a much too heavy wash on the burned part of Jonah's face (mine was no different), which pulls down what easily could have been my number one choice.
2. The Question. Elegant in his simplicity. Picture perfect to both the comics and the JLU cartoon
1. Solomon Grundy. Even with the gray/white rash that pops up from time to time, I just love the look of this guy. It's exactly how I picture Solomon Grundy in my head, and the strong resemblance to actor Brian Dennehy is really fun for me.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby rcs » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:50 pm

Gonna go with the sister line, can't beat the unique sculpt:

Mongul
DCSH Brainiac
Parasite
Steel
Clayface
rcs
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Avalon » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:26 pm

For me, it's Jonah Hex, Clayface, Ares, Deathstroke and Solomon Grundy.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby HectorHall » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:28 pm

Hawkman
Green Arrow
Deathstroke
Mr. Miracle
Blue Beetle

It is hard to differentiate between which figures had great sculpt/detail, and the ones I simply wanted because of the character. I think my list may honestly combine the two, but I can't help it. I can't argue the other selections in this thread either. They are legit.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Previous

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel