Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Top 5 Worst Looking DCUC Figures

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Top 5 Worst Looking DCUC Figures

Postby Tango X » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:42 pm

Who in your opinion are the top 5 worst looking DCUC style figures of all time? Reasons could be bad headsculpts, generally bad paint jobs/choices overall, major inaccuracies, etc. For me, they are:

My top 5.
Rocket Red - Yeah, it looks okay, I guess, but the scaling is so off, it makes it off putting for me to look at.

OMAC - The head looks sooo off...

Huntress - Something went wrong with her headsculpt, the rest looks great and it just makes the head look even more off to me.

Hector Hall Dr. Fate - What happened... the figure itself looks great but yellow gloves and cape? It looks weird to me.

Arthur Joseph Curry - They did a variant, gave him new forearms but no shoulder pads, no bare arms. Instead they sculpted it on his scaled sleeves. Doesn't look right, I didn't like it, made it pointless.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Re: Top 5 Worst Looking DCUC Figures

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:05 am

I was just talking about this, and Im so glad someone else agrees on the Huntress. Very off, to say the least. besides her..

Rocket Red. SCALE.

wave 5 Riddler. I hate his arms, where the shoulder meets the jacket. Its a problem, cause he just looks like he is wearing a big vest. Also, he head seems too small.

the little version of Elasti-Girl. I have seen quarter machine toys look better. Even Dollman came with a face.

Just the goggles on Eradicator. I personally dont like them, I think they look dumb. Maybe smaller.

There is gripes I have with characters I own, With paint marks here and there, but I guess I cant hold it against them
I really dont have a problem with OMAC, his figure is a unfortunate looking as he was in the comics.
Now, as a side note, ML has waaaaaaaaaay more crappy looking figures than DCUC,I really had to search for figures I considered ''UGLY", and really its mostly just parts of them, anyways. But, while I was in the toy room, I just kept thinking "Wonder Man! Wonder Man!"
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Skullmaster » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:09 am

My Top 5:

Rocket Red YUP!!!

OMAC, the head looks totally off I agree. The costume is weird in the comics but I don't mind it but the face on this toy looks too big to me.

Huntress YUP!!! The face... Something about it doesn't look right.

Ra's Al Ghul The headsculpt looks so weird on him. Especially when you compare it to Acid's revised version.

First version Harley Quinn, what was the deal with the blue washes? That just goes to show that a small thing can really wreck a figure. The Mad Love pack with flat white was a vast improvement and she looks really beautiful.
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:17 am

She was just "blue" cause Mr. J kicked her to the curb. Obviously, when the two pack came out, they were back together. :D

jk.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Skullmaster » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:22 am

:batlol: Good save! :batwink:
Skullmaster
Partner
Partner

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:31 am

Its funny, I got her with a trade with a friend along time ago. I was SO excited for her, she was kinda hard to find. So as we traded, I said "man, shes such a good figure" And he waited till I had made the trade, and said "Yea, except her Blue face", which I hadnt noticed. He made sure the trade was complete, then totally crapped on it. LMAO. I deal with scumbags.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby 1987olds442 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:03 pm

Hmm Top 5 worst looking figures...

1. Ice - Terrible Head sculpt and weird hands.
2. Mary Marvel - Terrible Head sculpt and tooth pick thin arms.
3. Stargirl - Another terrible head sculpt.
4. Creeper - God awful looking head sculpt.
5. OMAC - Another weird head sculpt.

For the last one I had a hard time picking between OMAC and Ra’s al Ghul they both looks goofy, but I decided to pick OMAC as the goofiest.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Avalon » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:45 pm

1. Rocket Red
2. OMAC
3. Mary Marvel
4. Creeper
5. Lead - They really phoned this one in.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby amos brearly » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:32 pm

hmmm
superboy prime
capt marvel jnr
ras al ghul
ice
mary marvel
....but being fair 95% of this line was borderline fantastic. i can live with these . interestingly 4 of mine are from the last 2 years, maybe they really did start to take less of an interest in releasing figures up to par with the previous 20+ waves.
amos brearly
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Tango X » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:40 pm

Shoot, how could I forget Superboy Prime? Not only was his height off but the headsculpt was waaay off.
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Next

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel