Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Watchmen Club Black Freighter The Comedian

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Watchmen Club Black Freighter The Comedian

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:33 pm

I can't wait to get mine. Has anyone got him in-hand yet?? :smgrin: I kind of wish he came with alternate zippermask head but that's fine. It still looks great.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Watchmen Club Black Freighter The Comedian

Postby Caleb » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:46 pm

Yeah, an alternate head would've been gravy. I just got mine in the mail today, and I think he's awesome. Definitely my favorite of the line thus far - and that won't change, considering Ozy isn't the most exciting figure. He's got all the DCUC articulation, a phenomenal sculpt, an accessory, and none of the articulation-restricting capes / coats that have plagued the rest of this line.

Plus, he's the Comedian. What's not to like?
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:58 am

Its a bummer that there isnt a alt. head. Other than that, he's awesome. Ive waited to take them out, so when I got comedian, I finally put them all together... its pretty sweet. Comedian really brings the group together. 'A' for this figure.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby O.G.Trilogy » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:09 pm

I'm really happy with the figure overall. Did anyone else get one without the smiley face painted on the button on his chest? I think it would be really odd if matty overlooked such a significant detail, but I wouldn't put it past them to cheap out on something and I wouldn't be supised if it was just a quality control issue either.

I have a few minor gripes with the figure like the head being a little on the small side and the flamethrower being made of plastic that is too soft. Other than those issues, I really like the blue shading on his pants, I think the shoulderpads look really good and the weapons make the figure feel like a better value. That shotgun is probably the best weapon that has ever came with a DC Universe style figure IMO.
O.G.Trilogy
Partner
Partner

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:40 am

The smiley face is a copyright issue. I dont think they wanted to shell out the money for it.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby O.G.Trilogy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:53 pm

Bo-rilla Grodd wrote:The smiley face is a copyright issue. I dont think they wanted to shell out the money for it.

Wow. That is incredibly lame. How are they able to use it in the comics and not on the figure?
O.G.Trilogy
Partner
Partner

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:04 pm

My favorite one so far is Nite Owl. It's too bad his cape keeps you from putting him in more poses. Comedian might be my new gave though when he gets here. We'll see. :wwgrin:
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:01 am

Whoa, the Comedian looks GREAT but yeah, that's messed up that there's no smiley face on the damn pin. What's up with that? :batshock: The shotgun is a little gummy but otherwise I'm very happy with him. Still wish it came with the zippermask head, but ah well.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:06 pm

I've got to imagine its exclusion was heavily due to the fact that it was a leather fetish mask used in S&M activities.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby loolar » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:20 pm

I haven't opened my Comedian yet... I mean, I haven't taken any out of the box, but I at least opened the box and had a look. I haven't even done that with Comedian. We're so close to the end, I'm just waiting to get Ozy and open them all together.
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel