Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

What's your favorite DCUC family figure?

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

Re: What's your favorite DCUC family figure?

Postby Caleb » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:44 am

Kilowog, no contest. My favorite of the whole GLC (besides Isamot, who we were never gonna get), and the figure is just perfect. His head sculpt is dead-on!

I'd toss an honorable mention to Ares, probably. He's just a cool-looking figure. Not a character I'm a huge fan of, but the figure's been front and center on my shelf for ages, just because he's so darn cool to look at!
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Crazy Jetty » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:34 pm

Movie Masters Isamot is a good stand in. Quite honestly, all the MM aliens are good stand ins to fill out the DCUC GLC.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby Strathaar » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:14 pm

Hal Jordan and the rest of the GL's if you are wanting a family. But damn you Mattel for not giving me Arisia.
Strathaar
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Caleb » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:09 pm

Yeah, besides Tomar and that goofy "Sneak Preview" dude, I don't have a problem stuffing the GL MM figures into my GLC display. I mean, I'd love to have figures of Arisia, Hannu, Voz, and Boodikka, but I can deal. They're not all in scale, but considering how utterly bizarre some of the GL group shots get? Yeah, they'll do in a pinch.

Glancing over my shelf, I'd also stuff the Metal Men (all of them) in at 3rd place on my list. Seriously, I'm not a fan of these characters, but the figures just look awesome displayed in a group.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Crazy Jetty » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:36 am

Iron looks like he should be played by Chris Judge (Teal'c from Stargate for anyone who doesn't know)
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:27 pm

Hard to say. It's either Cassandra Cain or Wonder Woman, I think. Wonder Woman was initially my favourite but when I got the Cassandra Cain figure, I was like "Wow, this is a really cool Batgirl figure." and the fact that she has a new utility belt sculpt specifically for her, they really went all out. I'm pretty happy with that.

Honorable mentions: Azrael (Azrael, not Az-Bats), Adrian Chase (he just comes with so many darn accessories!), Jonax Hex (Really nice sculpting work, very underrated figure), Solomon Grundy (Might be my favourite CnC), Giganta (Up there with Grundy), Harley Quinn from Mad Love two pack (Really happy with how this figure turned out), Gentleman Ghost (Really well made, love the ghost effects), Clayface (Very accurate, I know a lot of people don't like the bendy arms but I think it was very creative and mine have still held up on both that I have of him and I traded a third one away to a fellow enthusiast, Hrothgars, on another board, which also had no problems), Nightshadow Batman (Just a really slick simple look).
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby loolar » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:33 pm

Hawkman was the impulse buy that lead to me being a collector years later. I had the Super Powers one as a kid, and always loved how "accurate" he was - and this one flew off the comic page. I resisted for a long time - my next "impulse" buy was Green Arrow, who again was amazingly rendered. It wasn't until my buddy the "enabler" got me hooked that I ever bought another one besides those two, so they're up there. Kilowog almost got me into the line earlier.
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:09 pm

I really like the two pack Harley and the Poison Ivy although the fists were an odd choice. I also think Elasti Girl came out pretty nice. If I had to pick, I'd say the Harley figure ekes out a win for me.
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:49 am

I started with Wave 1 and went all the way through to the end...but for me, I was taken by surprise when I saw Wave 1 at Target and bought them on the spot!

Until then, I didn't even know Mattel was putting this line out (although I knew and bought the DCSH figs) and the "guarantee sale" for me was Etrigan and Metamorpho; even though i liked Penguin and Bats, those 2 really got amazed me and hooked me like a dumb fish from the get-go!

Loved this family of figs...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby 1987olds442 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:16 pm

As for picking one favorite it's hard for me to decide, so here are some of my favorites: Firestorm, Eradicator, Azrael, Azrael Batman, Wonder Woman, Etrigan, Deadshot, & Wally West Flash.
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel