Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

WONDER TWINS Question

Discuss the ever popular character comprehensive line "DC Universe Classics" here! This also includes DC Superheroes, DC Universe Classics, DC Unlimited, Batman Unlimited, Club Infinite Earths, Movie Masters, 1966 Batman TV Series, Club Black Freighter, Total Heroes and any other DC figure line utilizing the 6" scale.

WONDER TWINS Question

Postby DTW » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:51 pm

For people who have this set--does the Jayna waist just not move at all? I'm wondering if this is common to all sets, or just isolated ones.
DTW
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: WONDER TWINS Question

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:53 pm

Funny, I just checked mine (I never removed her from the box until now, have it displayed in fist bump position still in box on my shelf behind the rest of the Superfriends) and it was stuck. I had to twist it really hard back and forth until my fingers hurt until it broke free.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DTW » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:59 pm

But it did eventually work? Breaking free would be good, just breaking would be bad. :batlol:
DTW
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Freddie: » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:01 pm

Yes she twists at the waist but you may want to boil her first to avoid her cracking in half.
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:05 pm

Yeah, but I was white knuckled for a sec there. I actually thought it broke when it went free. I don't know if it's supposed to come free, though, because the glue on her belt is all crusty and tore a small tiny piece out of her purple plastic waist. :smlol:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DTW » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:20 pm

Remember how I said breaking free = good, but breaking = bad? Well, Jayna's waist was very bad.

There was a ton of glue from the belt between the upper and lower half of her, which I carefully heated and scraped away with a razor. All good, right? Nope. Turns out her internal waist peg was also fused to the torso, so it just snapped off.

That being said...any crafty collectors/customizers know how to rebuild a working waist?
DTW
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby Freddie: » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:24 pm

DTW wrote: breaking = bad?

:smlol: :batlol: :wwlol:
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby DTW » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:27 pm

Glad somebody got it!

Now, about fixing a waist...
DTW
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:32 pm

Ah crud! Do you have a dremel/drill? :batshock:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DTW » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Yeah, I think there's one around somewhere. (Last used, not surprisingly, to fix DCUC heads from the "no poseability in the neck" era...)
DTW
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Next

Return to DC Universe Classics and Assorted 6" Scale from Mattel