Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DC Movie Treatments

Post your cool drawings and stories. Share your talent with the community!

Re: DC Movie Treatments

Postby Caleb » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:13 pm

Thanks, AD!

That's one of the (many) things I really hated about the Reynolds' GL. The aliens were basically window-dressing. Hell, Optimus Prime in the Trannies films has more personality than Tomar Re did, and Tomar had Geoffrey Rush's voice coming out of him! The only one who got much personality was Sinestro, and even he got shortchanged in favor of Blake Unlively. In my script, I really wanted to make them feel like an actual police force. Like, Hal's the rookie, Sinestro is the bent Alonzo Harris / Vic Mackey guy, Tomar's the nerdy forensics doc, Salaak's the put-upon dispatcher who everyone thinks is kind of lazy, Boodikaa's the tough chick cop, Arisia's the fresh-faced "kid", Kil's the gruff desk sergeant, and so forth and so on.

Fun fact: To write the Guardians, I actually watched some C-Span and any Senate BS I could find on Youtube. I wanted to make them seem powerful yet really, really ineffective at the same time. In their presence, aliens go "Whoa, The Guardians". But then the second they leave the Citadel it's "F*** those guys. I should've voted for someone else."
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: DC Movie Treatments

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:23 pm

I loved the buddy cop aspects of First Flight. I'll have to give these a read, Caleb. I agree that GL was really lacking in developing more characters than Hal and Carol and it didn't even do a great job on that, either.
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

DC Movie Treatments

Postby AlexmenMn » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:58 pm

oh lol... duh.
I didnt even see that.... I just saw "tolkien society" and "short movie" then clicked on the link.
Gryffindor? what is that?
Antibiotic treatment for chlamydia http://helpyouantibiotic.top
AlexmenMn
Rookie
Rookie

Previous

Return to Fan-Art & Fan-Fiction