Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Christmas at the Movies: Trailers!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Christmas at the Movies: Trailers!

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:53 pm

Let's settle this once and for all. Die Hard is a Christmas movie. But PB, Die Hard came out in the summer. Shutup. It is, stop arguing with me. The film takes place at Christmas time. The entire film takes place at a Christmas party. There are several Christmas songs in the movie and on the soundtrack. So it is, ok?

So before you string up all that popcorn for the tree, save some for the show.

Yippy ki-ay, mother...

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Christmas at the Movies: Trailers!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:20 am

Ah yes, I love Die Hard and the franchise itself but was always on the fence if it was a Christmas movie or not. IMO it doesn't matter what time of month it comes out at the show, it's afterward that counts what YOU think of it. I'll post some trailers may even get heavy into a couple of'em with a write up and even if you guys post'em I'll elaborate on then even further if I deem it necessary :scbat:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:21 pm

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:14 pm

Weird thing is I never saw this movie during the 80s. I think some time in the 90s, they re-aired it with the trailer as a good as new sort of deal and I was probably 7 or so and I thought the movie was a new release. A really nice movie and I love Darren McGavin from Kolchak the Night Stalker.

Melinda Dillon, she was awesome in the role. It's really crazy how much they aged her a bit with the make-up to make her an older looking matronly person but then you see her 2 years later on Twilight Zone's A Little Peace and Quiet and she looks 20 years younger and comes across as a completely different person. What an amazing actress.

Everyone came together with amazing acting and commitment to pull off a believable era specific film for sure.

Even the bully played by Zack Ward, I saw him decades later as the Russian mercenary on Resident Evil 2 the movie, a handful of horror/sci-fi roles here and there and of course a bunch of Canadian television.

Kinda funny the references are all horror. lol.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:16 pm

I just remember Zack Ward from the sitcom Titus. I remember seeing that show for the first time and being like, holy crap, that's Scott Farkus!

It was actually a pretty good show. I bought the complete series on DVD when Media Play went out of business here years ago.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:36 am

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:21 pm

I know what I'm adding to the movie list this year.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:47 pm

You've never seen it before?
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:14 pm

Just pieces of it on TV back in the days before PVR. I would always be watching the middle or end of it.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:13 am

Ah just great stuff. Resident Evil, I'm a huge fan, I got some figure showcases of it coming quite soon, just being slow with it. Kolchak was was so good. I had only seen just clips of SCCTM, I believe it was on Joe Bob Briggs at one point or another on TNT. Speaking of TNT, here is some cool ones on TBS and it kinda goes along with what you posted PB :)

Watching this commercial ad for The Grinch & A Christmas Story brings back the memories. This was when TBS was still great, still actually owned by Turner before all of that "very funny" slogan was deceivingly "NOT very funny" IMO. This is from around 1992 (30 years ago this year!) when great movies would be on and WCW Saturday Night & Main Event was on as well. Gosh these times were good and I miss'em but I'm very thankful to have experienced them however :)

And here is another one of A Christmas Story in 1997 (25 years ago this year!) on TBS

Oh and here THE BIG ONE...ARE YOU READY :?: TBS would have 24 hours :? That's right 24 Hrs. of a Christmas Story Marathon year after year...I'm not sure if they had it last year or the year before but they did a few years ago. I have seen the film many times and I have participated in this marathon at least once that I know of :o

Its so amazing how the film still holds up and came out in 1983 (I first seen it several years after this, I think My Grandma recorded it for Me on TBS) which was still time for it to be a true classic and it will have it's 40th Anniversary next year :scbat: :scww: :scsm:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to General Discussions