Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Animals: Biggest Anaconda to Date!!!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Animals: Biggest Anaconda to Date!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:24 pm

OK, I hope you you guys are interested in this topic. This is something that I have been thinking about posting for a long while now. So let Me introduce you to this real "multi-verse" of studies that sometimes all come together. Since I was little I have loved animals, archaeology and mysterious things. It wasn't till the early 2000s I actually studied this stuff day in, day out and I considered Myself an amateur Paleontologist.

Here is what they.

Dinosauria: The study of Prehistoric Life.

Cryptozoology: The study of hidden animals

Ufology: The study of Extra-terrestrials and Unidentified Flying Objects.

Mythology: The study of Ancient Cultures' Legends

OK, since that intro has been said. I made some picture just FOR EXAMPLES to talk about and there is much that can be discussed. As you know from My Dinosaur figure topic, for many years I studied Dinosauria as well as Zoology and even Cryptozoology. I also studied Ufology and Mythology because once you get to know most of what life offers especially over the last several years then you know all of this comes together one way or another that's like a giant puzzle if you will. So, I will post the pics that I made and I'll let you guys do the talking. Ask Me questions and the like if you want to and all that stuff and also like other thing like your favorite kind of animal, subjects about the universe and so fourth.

Oh, 1 more IMPORTANT THING: Do you have strange sightings of animals, UFOs and paranormal activity during your years? If you do don't be afraid to post yours as I will believe you...I HAVE MY OWN EXPERIENCES over the years! Now, if anyone wants to make fun of others than please do not post about this.

OK here we go :D

OK guys, I'd like to talk about this please :)

EDIT: Origain name for My topic Cryptozoology, Ufos, Dinos, Mythology, Animals discussion!
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Cryptozoology, Ufos, Dinos, Mythology, Animals discussio

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:50 pm

Oh, this should be a fun topic. I don't have a lot of time at the moment, but I'm looking forward to the conversarion. Been totally fascinated with UFOs and cryptids for most of my life. We're driving down to Myrtle Beach again this August and I wanted to make a stop in Point Pleasant, WV, but it might be too far out of the way sadly. Going to make it there someday.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:33 pm

Oh boy Packer, I'm glad to hear it and I'm glad I'm not alone :) Well dude, try all you can to get there if situations allow you to, you might be lucky enough to witness The Mothman :? Just you and your family be cautious of the surroundings :o

Nice gif of Giorgio A. Tsoukalos by the way :batlol:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:21 pm

I'm also a huge fan of cryptozoology. From the land of the Wendigo and Ogopogo. :D Looking forward to this.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:53 pm

AcidDragon wrote:I'm also a huge fan of cryptozoology. From the land of the Wendigo and Ogopogo. :D Looking forward to this.

Great dude, I'm glad you are too :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:34 pm

OK, so this topic doesn't get buried, I'll start it first. Packer and AcidDragon, through your best knowledge, how did you know and get into these subjects :?: What of these excited you to like it? What's your favorite animals, dinos and cryptids? Did you have a sighting before and that it was ignite it :?

I tell Mine but you guys first :D
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:58 am

I don't know, I just always found the ideas fascinating. I think our generation grew up with a lot more of that stuff in the 80s where you had more horror films, more films about aliens, and even more cartoons (Dinosaucers, etc.) surrounding us, and since then with advances in technology you've got people capturing more phenomenon on personal phones and stuff. Add in comic books and it's ripe for the imagination.

Shows like The X-Files, Supernatural,G vs E (anyone remember that one), and Reaper were always things on the record list (god bless DVRs because setting the VCR to record shows back in the day suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked).

It doesn't hurt that my wife is really into the stuff so we watch a lot fo shows like Expedition Unknown and Secrets of the Skinwalker Ranch. Did anyone catch the UAP releases last week? I still hate that images are still fuzzy.

I have a few ghosts stories, but no personal alien or scary monster stories to share unless you count my mother-in-law.

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:14 am

I've always been fascinated with the idea of cryptids and mythological beasts (and mythology in general) from as far back as I can remember. My siblings are much older than I am and I basically had a very old set of hand me down World Book Encyclopedias that I was obsessed with flipping through. They listed quite a lot of the things mentioned here. When I started school, I took out as many library books as I could get my hands on that had topics about UFO sightings, cryptids and the like. I think the ones I was obsessed with the most were the Mothman, the Jersey Devil, El Chupacabra, Medusa, Cockatrice, Nessie, vampires and lycanthropes. I used to convince me that I could potentially spot these things in the neighborhood. Hehe.

Never had a Martian sighting but like PB, I've had some ghostly experiences.

"Well what have you got to say to me?" "SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!" Best Flintstones scene ever. :smlol:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:47 pm

Mothman has always been an interesting topic, especially after the Richard Gere movie. Not the greatest film, but servicable. In more recent years I've taken tothe Beast of Bray Road reports and similar stories about "dogmen". And the black eyed children stories creep the eff out of me. I think I'd crap myself if I ran into them.

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:41 am

Very fascinating guys. I am so glad that you are into this stuff as well :) Boy Packer, seems like you are a lucky guy that your wife is into it too :o

OK Before I begin My origins and all that, I will quickly say the Mothman has always been a real mystery to as to figuring out what it is. Recently over all of the new theories from cryptozoologlist, I do believe he is very paranormal and from another dimension. I loved the Mothman movie and remember how stoked I was about the hype of it in late 2001/early 2002 visiting the official page literally every day as they had a countdown at the top of it in red numbers like its eyes if I am remembering correctly. I would have loved to have seen it at the show but had to wait for VHS. Anyway, I believe it followed John Mack's book well and I followed him along many other Cryptozoologists over the course of the 2000s pretty regularly.

Wow Acid, glad you love Mythology! In time you'll have share your paranormal experiences whenever the time comes :o

OK, as for Me I am proud being a child of the 80s. Like you said Packer, our generation had a ton of spooky and sci-fi stuff and it all was so good not like this depressing whatever era we are in now. So, If you have read My certain sections in My Vintage Action Figure Topic, you'll notice that I loved this one particular area Me and My Grandma used to go to where she would take Me to her friend Judy whom had a great shop (more on that in time), a great Walgreens, a good old fashioned Globes store and a tremendous Woolworth! At that Woolworth she got Me MOTUs, tons of G.I. Joes among other great stuff till they closed down unfortunately in the very early 90s then the whole street went to hell :roll: ....it was just fun times and I miss it so much. It was there that she got Me these great coloring books, Modern Monsters, Mythical Beasts, Dinosaur World and Unusual Animals. My Grandma & Mom had already got Me into Dinosaurs & animals and My Grandpa got Me into Mythical creatures and monsters thanks to watching old classic movies like Sinbad, Thief of Baghdad and Jason and the Argonauts the Universal Monsters but I wasn't into cryptids just yet. So by looking at them books I thought they were great and My Grandma got them for Me. Ever since then, they always have had a special place within Me.

Here is some example pics I took of them just for this topic :)

So as they say, that is what lit My spark. Ever since then I have been almost obsessed with these subjects. When Harry and the Hendersons came out I went bonkers over it and I got into the Boggy Creek movies especially the sequel and so forth of the 80s. Its really hard to find a great cryptid movie that will satisfy you to the core. There has been many in the 2000s and 2010s and really only a handful were really good.

Now as for aliens and UFOS. I do not prefer this newer term UAPs, IMO its nothin' but a crock by the Gov and these tic tacs their showing us over and over again is bull, I have seen countless others from regular people in documentaries and on YT with much better quality and convincing content. So Guys, you can call them UAPs if you want but I'm going to call them what I have always called them and that is UFOs. OK, so how did I get into UFOs and extraterrestrials? I believe it started with Me and Grandpa watching Alien & Aliens countless times together and watching Star Wars, Star Trek and E.T. among others then got Me into the subject but I wasn't into that study as much as the others till around 1996 when the first ID-4 came out and then the Phoenix light happen in 97 which got Me going. However, it was in the year 2001 when I saw the lights in the sky.....Oh wait....I just revealed I had sightings :o and I have been nearly obsessed being a stargazer since that year and in fact super strange activity in My neighborhood has been off and on over the past 20 years or so that we cannot explain (family and neighbors). Yes, I have seen them many, many times up in the sky but more on that later.

OK, now since you know I have seen UFOs, I bet your wondering have I seen anything else? Yes I have. I seen some ghosts when I was little, I have seen many insects that maybe have been cryptids, I saw a strange arthropod in 97 that was completely unreal to Me and still get's Me to this day. I have seen other stuff as well but oh most IMPORTANT that I have seen was a Sasquatch in 2009 which as an absolute ginormous day for Me but more on that soon enough :o :shock: :!:

Gosh, I didn't think I was going to reveal that much this soon but I didn't spill all of the beans just yet :? There's Cryptozoology shows that I could talk about and I also I knew a crypto researcher that I bought his books from in the mid 2000s.

OK, guys, I hope I didn't freak you out. Enough about Me for now, let's hear your sightings and experiences guys first :batsmile:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to General Discussions