Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

EmeraldCity Comi-Con 2015

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

EmeraldCity Comi-Con 2015

Postby Rattrap96 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:18 am

Hey everyone, just finished my trip to this year's comi-con in beautiful downtown Seattle. In no particular order who I got to meet & had a picture with them(sorry, but I'm not going to post any pics, only because it's the internet).Anyways, here's the list,of the celebrities I met -

Michael Bell (finally finally met him) / Chloe Bennet / Troy Baker / Clark Gregg / Haley Atwell / Anthony Mackie / John Wesley Shipp / Rachel Skarsten / Susan Einsberg / Stan Lee / Bruce Timm (thanked him for creating the DC Animated Universe).All of them were really nice & got to talk to them for about 5 minutes each (with the exception of Stan Lee & Haley Atwell,just got a photo with them & thanked Stan Lee for creating the Marvel Universe).

Next year EmeraldCity Comi-Con will expand to 4 days & will be for April 7th -10th next year. (due to the success of having Stan Lee / John Barrowman & Haley Atwell.
Rattrap96
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: EmeraldCity Comi-Con 2015

Postby Webslinger » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:39 am

Awww man, I really need Stan Lee's autograph before he quits the cons.... if anyone happens to go to one and can get it autographed to me "Rob" I would forever be in your debt. Naturally I would reimburse you for the autograph and shipping...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby HectorHall » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:23 pm

I went to the ECCC on Sunday as well. Wish I knew you were gonna be there Rattrap96, I would love to say hi to a fellow board member in person. My stand out encounters were with Kevin McGuire, Ron Randall, Neal Adams, and Mike Grell. I picked up a nice haul of loose figures for customizing. Two of my favorite dealers (BobaKahn and Cape and Cowl) set me up with enough fodder to get me through to the next con, and cut me sweet bundling deals for the quantity purchases.
It felt strange going to the Con and leaving with artwork and figures, but no comics.
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:42 pm

ECCC looked like an incredible event. I pretty much would have lost my mind if I got to meet any of the people you guys listed here.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:53 pm

HectorHall wrote:I went to the ECCC on Sunday as well. Wish I knew you were gonna be there Rattrap96, I would love to say hi to a fellow board member in person. My stand out encounters were with Kevin McGuire, Ron Randall, Neal Adams, and Mike Grell. I picked up a nice haul of loose figures for customizing. Two of my favorite dealers (BobaKahn and Cape and Cowl) set me up with enough fodder to get me through to the next con, and cut me sweet bundling deals for the quantity purchases.
It felt strange going to the Con and leaving with artwork and figures, but no comics.

Oh, details, sir, what kind of figures?
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby HectorHall » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:50 pm

some good fodder really
2x Samurai
2x Hawk
Black Vulcan
Green Steppenwolf (I had the idea for Kanto as I was fondling him....did I say fondling?)
Power Girl
Green Lantern
Mercury
Mr. Terrific
El Dorado
2 x Jemm
Iron
Blue Devil
a clear blue DC Direct Blue Beetle (not sure what for, but heck it was $3)
Ultraman
Captain Atom (gold)
Amazo
Movie Masters Isomat Kol and GL Classics Nat Ke Loa (pretty sure I spelled that wrong....uh fish guy) Optimusleo had a killer recipe for Tellus of the Legion of Superheroes that I want to try.

Picked up a DCSH Bizarro, Faora from the MoS line, Mark II Iron Man, Morro from the GL movie line for the collection.
Oh yeah, and a Death's Head from the Marvel Universe line. I don't collect Marvel Universe, but I have managed to accumulate three shelves worth :roll:
HectorHall
League Initiate
League Initiate

Return to General Discussions