Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Farewell to my best friend...

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Farewell to my best friend...

Postby Webslinger » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:21 am

Tonight I lost my best friend, her name was Ginger... she was more than just the family pet, she was family. We got her a little more than 10 years ago and out of all the family Ginger and I were the closest, wherever I was you'd find her sitting or lying down next to me. I have had a few dogs over the years and I can say without a doubt that Ginger was the smartest dog I have ever come across. I will truly miss my "little squirrel" as I used to refer to her sometimes since she was a small tan chihuahua and would sit up on her hind legs (as squirrels do) when she saw me getting ready to leave and wanted to go with me, I would have taken everywhere too if I could have... even to work she was such a well behaved girl. I wouldn't say I trained her, more like she taught me... she was the type if you told her something she would look at you as if she understood what you were saying to her and go do it, like before bed I would tell her "let's go outside" and she knew it was potty time or I'd tell her "get a drink" before bed so she wouldn't be thirsty and she would. If she had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night she would gently put the side of her face to mine to wake me up and I would take her out to do her business. I have even caught her on occasion watching TV with me in bed, Something tells me I'd like to think she liked the same shows I did. She never liked cold food and would eat whatever I had on my plate, so I would always put a little a little more on there so we could share. She loved ice cream and would eat it right off the spoon the way we would. When we'd go get take out at the drive thru we'd ask for an extra meat patty for her as a little treat so she could have take out as well. Always sad to see me leave for the day and happy to see her daddy when he came home from work, always ready for snuggling and wouldn't get out of bed until I did. Ginger loved to go for rides and was always eager to go "bye bye" (ride in the car) she loved poking her nose out the car window while having her front paws on my arm and sniffing whatever she could. Below is a picture of her wearing these cute little bows with little bones on them, I thought she looked cute... I knew she hated them but at least I got this picture of her with them on her ears before I took them off. I will miss my friend very very much, we didn't have enough time together Ginger but I will look back with fond memories and cherish what we had together. We will all miss you more than you know...

I am very sad now and there is a void in my life I just can't fill at the moment, I just wanted to share this with you all as I consider you all friends, my life was truly blessed the day Ginger came into my family's life. I just wanted to let you all know what she meant to me and my family...

Ginger.jpg
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Re: Farewell to my best friend...

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:52 am

Oh no, Webslinger. I'm really sorry to hear that! All I can say is that I know how that feels, how tough it is and I'm so sorry for your loss. You need anything, you know I'm all ears. It's clear that you were very close with Ginger and she looks like she was one adorable little pup...
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby OneNineSix » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:41 am

Hey sorry about Ginger, Webs. I can't imagine what's going through your mind right now. You and your family obviously love her a great deal. I can tell you're a stand up guy and I'm certain that she lived a great life with a very kind family. Take care, friend.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby S. Griffin » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:17 am

Cute little thing. Really sorry, Dude.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:45 am

Webslinger,

I understand your loss with complete sympathy and feel the same way when I lost my dog in the 80's for 15 years. I know exactly how you feel and with understanding and support.

Thanks for posting that picture of a very lovable dog.

Doctor Fate
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Illiasc » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:07 pm

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss, Webslinger. Sadly I know how that feels, I and my family have both lost dogs that were so close to us we definitely considered them family over "pets," a few of them I lived with and loved for 7-12 years. It took me a long time to get over that same feeling of an empty void they left, and I'm not sure I ever really did get over it, I have to admit. Ginger sure was adorable, I love that photo. My closest sister has a chihuahua who's very much like that, and he's definitely given me a soft spot for the breed. Even if he's not my dog, he's extremely close to me, and it's going to break my heart when something like this happens to him. I can imagine how hard this is for you and your family, you clearly loved him dearly, and reading this reminded me with the connection of when I've lost mine in the past and how I'd feel if we lost our current chihuahua.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:16 pm

Oh no, I'm so sorry for your loss, Slinger! Ginger was such a lovely little puppy and you guys loved her so much. What a perfect picture. I extend my deepest sympathies for you and your family.
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby Tango X » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:35 pm

Man that's awful.... I'm sorry for your loss Webslinger. It's never easy when a member of the family passes on. Take care...
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:35 am

Very sad indeed, I know what it is like to lose a beloved family pet, may she rest in peace :cry:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:50 am

It's never easy to watch as your dog grows older; as we all know, it's just not fair. Mine is only 8 and he has onset arthritis in his shoulders and hips and it's very noticeable and I am dreading the day you just experienced.

Hope things get better soon for you and sorry to hear of your loss.
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Next

Return to General Discussions