Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

General Chat

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: General Chat

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:06 am

I did...but the details cannot be shared here..but I'll post the video later!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:21 pm

LESLEY GORE OF BATMAN FAME
PASSED AWAY AT 68

One of my favorite actresses on Batman.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:59 pm

Oh wow, that's a shame! She was still fairly young. :batsad:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:21 pm

I had the weirdest dream on record last night...I dreamt that I was in some kind of crazy parkour battle with Jean-Claude Van Damme and that huge Asian guy from "Bloodsport"....no clue why as I haven't seen a movie starring the "Muscles from Brussles" in forever
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:35 pm

I don't think anyone has.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:36 pm

LOL!!!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:58 pm

What has everyone been up to?

Currently, I'm trying to fill gaps in my comic collection and my graphic novels. It always seems that when it comes to a multi volume collection, there's always one or two books that are completely out of print and then the rest are still in print. Does anyone understand why that is?

For example, I was getting the Age of Apocalypse collection and two of the four books were out of print. I had to pay an arm and a leg for them but then the other two were readily available and they were still restocking them at every online and local outlet. :smhuh:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:11 pm

Oh and I tried buying New Mutants Classics Vol 7 on Amazon. I added it to my cart and as I went to add a couple other items, it updated the price of New Mutants Classics by tacking on an extra $12.88. That was more than a 50% increase. :batlol: Some days you just can't win.

:adambomb:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ken Davis » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:39 pm

I'm storyboarding on a episode of Nerds & Monsters right now--bit of a slog since I'm on the tail-end of a head/chest cold.
I'll be posting the storyboard panels from that Don't Feed the Humans episode I mentioned in a couple of weeks--I want to make sure I get paid for it before i do so. ;)

Comics-wise I'm not really hot on anything right now, but have been getting the Star Trek/ Planet of the Apes comic in my pull list at my LCS. I'm waiting on a few Artist Edition volumes ( expensive!!! :( ) to show up, to see if I'll pull the trigger.

Toy-wise: I just ordered a old INTOYZ Sniper 12" nude body to kitbash something out of, probably something like the Hasbro Classic Collection Tactical Advisor--who I WAS going to order, but held off. I've got enough parts in my spares tubs to kit something very much like it with the Intoyz figure. Besides, I like the "mechanics" and the POA of the Intoyz--even if the head sculpt isn't the best--been wanting a second one ever since i bought my first some 15 years ago.

Waiting on the Avengers Marvel Legends wave to show up at my LCS. I know i can order them right now on-line but I want to give my LCS a shot at getting them first for me.......I'll be talking to them tomorrow about the case I've on order, and see what the status is. Other than, the highlight for me is the coming NECA John Matrix ( Commando) figure.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:26 pm

I feel your pain on Amazon, AD. On a positive note for me, several books I had ordered from Amazon that were previously out of stock shipped for me this week including Trinity book 2 which I was beginning to think would never be restocked again. :palol:

Star Trek/Legion of Super Heroes also arrived for me this morning. I decided to read it all the way through. I thought it was a fun read. Nothing groundbreaking but it depicts this era of the Legion and the original Star Trek saga characters well with some good natured cheese and corn. There's one panel that I thought was worth sharing. Can you name all the time machines pictured without Googling them?? If you keep it under spoilers, we can make a game of it.
1329328748943.jpg

I was only able to figure out these ones.
Spoiler:
The Time Sled from Time Cop, Bill and Ted's phonebooth, the TARDIS, the cosmic treadmill, the Star Gate, Hot Tub Time Machine, the Delorian, the time sphere. Not really sure what the other ones are.
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions