Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

General Chat

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: General Chat

Postby Webslinger » Sun May 10, 2015 9:39 pm

Was at a local Comic Con in my area with my wife this weekend called, get ready for it... "STCC" (South Texas Comic Con) I managed to pick up a Wolverine Legends Cyclops and a MOTUC Buzz-Off for 20.00 each, not too bad a deal considering the Cyclops was only available at comic shops and they never reordered any in my area. If anyone happens to have Pucks body I could use it to complete mine. I cosplayed as Dr. Strange the first day and Rorschach the second, but only stayed in costume as Rorschach for about an hour due to the AC not being turned down enough to cool the place properly. I felt like I was gonna pass out, 3 bottles of water later and sitting in my car where the AC is nice and cool I got my body temp normalized enough to go back into the convention and had some fun with a few of my friends and fellow cosplayers. I rented out a room saturday night for my wife and I and had a female cosplayer friend come back to our room and had some cosplay fun if you know what I mean. Overall it was a great weekend...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun May 10, 2015 11:55 pm

Webslinger wrote:So... is the bride and bridesmaid lesbian? They skipped out to Hawaii, there has to be something more to the story there...

I don't know, but the family of both parties are so confused by all this and many of them are so very upset about it.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon May 11, 2015 12:02 am

AcidDragon wrote:That is one wild incident, DF!

You can say that again; and I'm still thinking about it and so does my friend that went with me!

Idiot Savant wrote:Jeezuz!!!! But at least they knew before it was final...silver linings you know

The Groom (whom, is a great friend of mine) was so shocked, baffled, and even cried at the wedding that he took the time off (Honeymoon) to be alone and talked to his boss about taking time off without pay and his boss agreed to another two weeks before returning back to work. He now have to return all the gifts, cash, checks, and other stuff pertaining the wedding.

That's all I know so far.

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:11 am

How's everyone been? Sorry I haven't been too active on the board. I had a death in the family a few weeks ago that really rocked me hard so I've been trying to deal with that in my own way. Hope you guys are all doing good!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Webslinger » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:55 am

Sorry for your loss my friend... I have been sick for the better part of a week, just barely feeling better today. I work tomorrow, would love to take vacation but I can't right now. I got 174.00 back on my taxes (woo hoo) but on the brightside I'll be making 300.00 more per month now!!!
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:19 am

So sorry about your dear friend Acid and I just wanted to let you know that. Thanks for your update here!

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Webslinger » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:41 pm

Anyone seen TonyRome on lately?
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:58 pm

Sad to hear of your loss Acid...just know that all will be better with time
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Tom Turbine » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:34 am

Sorry to hear about that. I've been thinking about upgrading my education to get further along in my field. Not really excited about going back to school but I need to make myself standout against the competition.

Webslinger last I heard from Tony he started using Tapatalk which signs you in with a Hide My Online Status setting and I saw him sign in daily up until recently.
In Seaboard City, crime doesn't pay!!
Tom Turbine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:43 am

Tom Turbine wrote: I've been thinking about upgrading my education to get further along in my field. Not really excited about going back to school but I need to make myself standout against the competition.

Good Call, Tom and I wished you the best of everything in your education to make yourself more attractive to the competiton and that's exactly what I did 30 years ago when I was working ... It's helped me to land several promotions and that's helped me a lot.

Tom, you've made a very wise decision. Good Luck and keep us informed of your progress. :)

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions