Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Godzilla!!!!!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Godzilla!!!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:21 pm

Bo-rilla Grodd wrote:Ill be honest, the one-shot monsters from Hesei era are my favorite. Destroyah, Space Godzilla, Biollante. I prefer them over King Ghidorah and Mecha godzilla. (Blasphemous, i know)

I know what you mean, seemed liked they were the coolest especially Batra IMO.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Mon May 26, 2014 8:48 am

Saw Godzilla 2014, and it was very sweet. A couple of minor complaints, but overall it was very true to a Godzilla film, and Big G himself was awesome. He definitely was a bad ass. M.U.T.O. was a decent enough villain for him, but wasnt the most imaginative looking monster. The acting was solid, and I enjoyed the fact they took the subject very seriously. Overall, I recommend this movie to anyone who likes Godzilla, or anyone who likes monster movies in general. Its worth the money.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:56 am

Bo-rilla Grodd wrote:Saw Godzilla 2014, and it was very sweet. A couple of minor complaints, but overall it was very true to a Godzilla film, and Big G himself was awesome. He definitely was a bad ass. M.U.T.O. was a decent enough villain for him, but wasnt the most imaginative looking monster. The acting was solid, and I enjoyed the fact they took the subject very seriously. Overall, I recommend this movie to anyone who likes Godzilla, or anyone who likes monster movies in general. Its worth the money.

I am quite glad that you liked it!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:57 am

As a huge Godzilla and Kaiju fan and waiting for a true Godzilla movie to come out since I was disappointed in 1998, I had to see it. In fact I saw it 3 times on the IMAX screen and each time was so epic! I loved how Godzilla looked. I felt that his story and overall appearance was superb and true to what Godzilla should be! I loved the MUTO creatures and how they were. I love dhow they were emotional and cared for each other. their designs were great. I felt that Bryan Cranston deserved an academy award for his performance. The special effects were tremendous and the musical score was a great one. I loved how the atmosphere of the movie and how serious it was and that it seemed like the world was going to end! Gareth Edwards I felt did a wonderful job directing, he knows how a Godzilla movie should be! there really isn't anything super negative that I can say about the Godzilla 2014 movie. I have seen many great movies this year and Godzilla IMO is THE movie of THE YEAR!!!!!! I cannot wait for the sequel!!!!!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby OneNineSix » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:00 am

Godzilla had some pacing issues for me but it was otherwise a very enjoyable movie. Nice special effects and for me, it really called the look and feel of a kaiju movie.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Illiasc » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:59 pm

I'm actually quite bummed out that I never got to see this while it was playing in the theaters, (Am I the only one? :batlol: ) but at least now/soon is about the time I'll be able to see it at home. I'm a huge fan of just about anything monster/kaiju-themed, and so the way I've been seeing it is, regardless if most people did or didn't like it, I'm expecting to at least enjoy the visuals. The previous Godzilla I know a lot of people hated, but I guess I just wasn't bothered by it.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Previous

Return to General Discussions