Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Godzilla!!!!!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Godzilla!!!!!

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Does anyone like giant monsters?!!! I really dont watch anything besides Godzilla, and have seen all but 6 of them. I am a fan of the of all three series, but I like the Heisei series the best. My favorite movie is FINAL WARS. Destroyah is my favorite villian, and Mothra is my all time favorite Kaiju. I'd love to here other opinions.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Re: Godzilla!!!!!

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:49 pm

I find a lot of it silly, but in a good way. I loved the older kaiju stuff and I like some of the newer stuff, too. Mostly, I watched Godzilla stuff, though. I thought Godzilla Final Wars was AWFUL but again, in a REALLY good way. It was so super cheesy but it was just fantastic. It reminded me of a classic WWF Royal Rumble back in the 90s. I loved seeing characters like King Caesar and Anguirus in this. Also, Don "the Predator" Frye's tongue-in-cheek performance was a highlight for me. I don't collect kaiju toys but mainly because I know you can get into a LOT of money on those.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:03 pm

Tell me about it. Those MonsterArts are pricey. even some of the regular Bandai. As far as the movies, I just think its a lot of fun, when done right. Some are horrible and boring and some are paced well, and full of action. The first one is played for No laughs, so i kinda put it in a different light. But, stuff like Final Wars, i have friends that arent into Godzilla at all, that think Final Wars is awesome. It is like a royal rumble!!!!!
And Don Frye is SOOOOO good in it!!! Lmao, he should be a an honorary Kaiju.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Crazy Jetty » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:59 pm

I haven't really seen much of the big guy since the early ninties, but I adored Godzilla as a kid, and still have a soft spot in my heart for godzilla fans.
I still think that Gojira (The original, not the american adaptation that shoehorns Raymond Burr into it)is one of the best movies ever made.

Though on a personal level, I really only like Godzilla when he's a good guy.
I also have to say that they have taken the rubber suit to an absolute artform with the modern movies.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby faustX » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:55 pm

I enjoy a giant monster movie from time to time (though I prefer giant Robots...RobotJox anyone?) My favorite Godzilla movie was Godzilla v Space Godzilla. And actually one of my holy grail nerd items which I seek at every comic con is the movie poster for G v SG. A friend of mine's brother has it and wont part with it for anything >:(
faustX
Civilian
Civilian

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:59 pm

On Topic and slightly off topic, I once bought a King Ghidorah poster because I wanted to recreate the sewer hideout in the original TMNT cartoon... I never got around to it. :batlol:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:13 pm

Robot Jox! Classic Charles Band.

I'm actually seeing Destroy All Monsters on 35mm next month. The only other Godzilla flick I've seen in theater is Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (the U.S. print that went by Godzilla vs. the Cosmic Monster).

Favorite kaiju? Anguirus. I've got a rad Jeff Zornow print of him.

I mostly collect the cheaper Bandai figures, the ones you can get in Toys 'r' Us. There's a King Caesar that I really need to get.

Has anyone been following the recent Godzilla comics? They've had some killer artists on those. Even James Stokoe!
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:21 am

Godzilla: Half Century War, I cant praise enough. Fantastic. highly Recommended.
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby faustX » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:40 am

secondwhiteline wrote:Robot Jox! Classic Charles Band.

Actually Robot Jox was Stuart Gordon. Youre thinking of the Robot Jox rip off, Robot Wars, which was a Full Moon picture. I love those two movies. Any toys made from those? God I would love that.
(edit: did not know that Robot Jox WAS in fact Charles Band, pre Full Moon, my apologies)

I remember growing up, we had Godzilla vs Megalon in our VHS collection. It was terrible and it turned me off of giant monsters for a long time. When I saw Godzilla 2000 at the theater, and that monster unhinged its jaw to eat Godzilla, I was totally impressed.
Last edited by faustX on Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
faustX
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:41 am

faustX wrote:I enjoy a giant monster movie from time to time (though I prefer giant Robots...RobotJox anyone?) My favorite Godzilla movie was Godzilla v Space Godzilla. And actually one of my holy grail nerd items which I seek at every comic con is the movie poster for G v SG. A friend of mine's brother has it and wont part with it for anything >:(

securedownload.jpg
You talking about this one Faust?
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Next

Return to General Discussions