Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Harry Shearer quits "The Simpsons"

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Harry Shearer quits "The Simpsons"

Postby Rattrap96 » Thu May 14, 2015 1:48 pm

CULTURE

ENTERTAINMENT

TV
The Simpsons loses the voice of Ned Flanders, Mr. Burns, and Principal Skinner as Harry Shearer quits
By Rich McCormick on May 14, 2015 01:30 am Email
Share on Facebook (44k) Tweet (2,278) Share (35) Pin Share
Harry Shearer, the voice of Ned Flanders, Mr. Burns, Principal Skinner, Otto, Smithers, and many more on The Simpsons, has apparently left the show. Shearer used Twitter to indicate that he wouldn't be returning in upcoming seasons of the long, long-running cartoon, suggesting that his desire to work on other projects was the reason for the decision. The actor quoted Simpsons writer and producer James L. Brooks' lawyer, who reportedly said that while the "show will go on, Harry will not be part of it."

Seasons 27 and 28 of The Simpsons are due to enter production soon, but earlier this week, it was reported that Shearer was delaying the process by holding out on signing his contract. It's not yet clear exactly why the show has parted ways with the actor — while Shearer says he wanted "the freedom to do other work," Simpsons voices have always appeared in other shows, movies, and projects. TMZ claims the move may have something to do with merchandising payments, but one thing's for sure: with his departure The Simpsons loses the voice behind some of its biggest, best, and most memorable characters. After a 26-year run, and stripped of one of its greatest voices, maybe it's time to put the poor thing down.
Rattrap96
Sidekick
Sidekick

Re: Harry Shearer quits "The Simpsons"

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu May 14, 2015 7:05 pm

This is so sad to hear this. I will miss his "voice" on the "The Simpsons" ... :cry:
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu May 14, 2015 7:51 pm

Wow...wonder what really went on for someone to leave this series after 26 years; must've been big
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu May 14, 2015 8:42 pm

Ay, ay, ay! No es Bueno! (yeah, I know that;s Hank Azaria's voice, but it fit).

I don't even watch the Simpsons much anymore. It hasn't been the same in at least a decade. I still watch the occasional episode, but nothing can compare to the episodes of the late 90's.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Webslinger » Thu May 14, 2015 8:58 pm

Yeah I rarely find myself watching the Simpson's anymore as well. I mainly just watch Family Guy and American Dad now.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Return to General Discussions