Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

MONSTERVERSE: Let's talk Godzilla x Kong!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

MONSTERVERSE: Let's talk Godzilla x Kong!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:11 am

First of all, as you know from My Godzilla/Kong/Gamera/Kaiju collections from My previous topics, I am a huge Kaiju fan and I love the new Legendary MonsterVerse of Titans. I love how huge they are, the realism and their designs. So, I have been looking forward to this since I first saw Kong: Skull Island back in 2017. Then when the release date of Godzilla vs. Kong got pushed so far behind since the pandemic had to happen and messed everything up, I am still trying hard to being excited about this movie despite My times going to the theatre are unfortunately over. So, are you a big MonsterVerse fan? What is your thoughts on this upcoming epic? Let's talk about it all now :D

By the way, we can discuss Godzilla 2014 & KOTM, K:SI & other Legendary Movie monsters like the Clash & the Wrath of the Titans and Pacific Rim and with exceptions of older stuff as well :)

Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: MONSTERVERSE: Let's talk Godzilla vs. Kong!

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:37 pm

I'm really pumped for this. Over the last few years, I've been watching a lot of classic Kaiju flicks.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:15 am

AcidDragon wrote:I'm really pumped for this. Over the last few years, I've been watching a lot of classic Kaiju flicks.

Glad to know that dude :D

OK so, I'll start the first conversation here. It seemed like a lot of people didn't like the sequel Godzilla King of the Monsters in 2019. I really don't know what the problem was :?: I thought the way it was put together was fine, the Hollow Earth theory was good and I believe it actually could be true. I absolutely loved the designs of the Titans. I could relate easily to who they are they are supposed to be. I love Rodan's &amp; King Ghidorah's designs especially Mothra. Of course I love Godzilla's design and dig how huge they are 8) Now the big factor for Me was the ending when we saw Godzilla PROVE that he IS TKOTM while all of the Titans are KNEELING BEFORE HIM :!: :!: :shock: We never really saw a scene like that in any Godzilla movie BEFORE IMO :shock: Am I the only one that sees this such as an important factor :?: :?:

OK, before I start the next convo, let Me know about this guys, I have been wondering about this for a long while now and I will appreciate your thoughts about that stuff or what was turnoffs for you :?:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:13 pm

I never really paid any attention to these. I watched Godzilla movies when I was a kid, but they never were my thing. But my youngest is in to Godzilla now (in fact as I type this I can hear the cries of Godzilla coming from my phone he's playing with), and we watched KOTM a few weeks ago, and GvK yesterday and enjoyed them enough. Not sure what all the human stuff really was, if it may've made more sense had I seen the first two films, but in the end we're all there just to see monsters punching each other, and in that regard it served it's purpose. Are there more planned?

CGI be damned, still the greatest...
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:38 pm

I love the look of the old films. There's a real solid quality to the suits even though they're cheesy. Regarding the new movies humans, yeah, in Kong Skull Island, there was this group of people who went there to prove that kaiju were really a thing and spoilers, they are. They find Kong and
Spoiler:
the surviving people from Kong lead into creating the Monarch group and what you see in the rest of the movies.
I pretty much just hated the human characters in the recent US Godzilla: King of the Monsters flick.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:19 pm

Yeah, the humans in GvK are just there. I think they spent too much time on that part of the story and not enough punching. I think KOTM had a better storyline overall, but I don't know or care anything about the humans.

There was a point where people were snooping around a secret base or something and get busted and brought to the big bad guys office or something, and I was thinking, "nah, they'd just be shot and their bodies dumped in the incinerator." It made me like the human story less since instead we got the tired, old villain explains his plan schtick.

There was some random UFO abduction movie I saw on one of the movie channels a few years ago, it wasn't really good or anything, but at the end the human couple were dropped back in the woods and they come across some military people or something , and then the military men just kill them and that's how the film ended. I liked the ending, brutal as it was because it seemed more plausible. I know, MonsterVerse isn't going to go that route, but at the same time, don't insult my intelligence with dumb plot points.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:18 pm

The KOTM storyline was better than Godzilla vs Kong in that it actually had one. lol. But the mom was insufferable and yeah, it really takes away from the monster battles which is the real reason I want to watch these things.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:24 pm

Yeah, it kind of reminds me of Fear the Walking Dead. I tried watching that series when it launched and after two episodes I was hoping everyone would die.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:37 pm

The human characters are ok, sometimes I get involved but mostly I just follow their story like I'm following the film's story in general but when the Kaijus/Titans appear that is what I really want. I have seen all of the Godzilla films from all eras, Showa, Heisei, Millennium and so on. I thought that G: KOTM was so good and it had so much in it and I don't understand why it doesn't get the credit it deserves. Also, I see many picking on this and that and I see very few people not talking about the ending. I mean I loved Godzilla PROVING that he IS KOTM while all of the Titans are KNEELING BEFORE HIM :!: :!: :shock: IMO We never really saw a scene like that in any Godzilla movie BEFORE IMO :shock: Am I the only one that sees this such as an important factor :?: :?:

By the way, I still haven't had a chance to see Godzilla vs. Kong yet so please don't post no spoilers yet abut that one yet please.
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:43 pm

Saw Skull Island on TNT today so I watched it. Actually was probably my favorite of the three movies. It was a bit more horror than I anticipated having seen KOTM and GvK first, but in a good way.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to General Discussions