Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Pro Wrestling Topics!

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

Re: Pro Wrestling Topics!

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:52 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:I say that every year, and a few months a year I drift away, but still regularly follow even if it's just checking results.

I think that a good way of keeping tabs on things ... I've just might do that! :)
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:57 pm

RIP George The Animal Steele.

As a kid in the 80's he had such a lovable, fun gimmick, and you always rooted for him to get Elizabeth from that vile Macho Man.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:16 am

packerbacker180 wrote:RIP George The Animal Steele.

As a kid in the 80's he had such a lovable, fun gimmick, and you always rooted for him to get Elizabeth from that vile Macho Man.

I did not see much of him during the 80's and I did know that he and the Macho Man had a feud sort of speak and did not really follow it that much. But, I did have a friend of mine met him once in the early 90's and he was pretty cool guy to meet and had a colorful past as a wrestler.

He was a lovable rascal according to my friend.

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:05 pm

WWE is getting too unpredictable and I was stunned by the recent actions of Owens and Jericho and the Samoa Joe angle is too much for me. I think Jericho is too predictable and Owens needs to go to TNA and tackle Lashley. TNA would be a better fit for Owens.

I have a funny feeling that someday Samoa Joe will be handed some form of Championship Gold on his waist and if they did that ... TNA presence will be felt and I really feel that TNA is making a big mistake letting the likes of A.J. Styles, Samoa Joe, and others go.

I'm really curious what the future is like for Samoa Joe.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:25 pm

It's been a pretty rough couple weeks for wrestler deaths, that's for sure, with the Russian Bear and Chavo Sr. going as well.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:07 pm

AcidDragon wrote:It's been a pretty rough couple weeks for wrestler deaths, that's for sure, with the Russian Bear and Chavo Sr. going as well.

I even watched some of their matches and man they were good. I really sad to see Chavo Sr. gone ...

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:49 am

State of Pro Wrestling - Part 1 of 2

Since Sting retired from Wrestling and there will be never a Sting vs The Undertaker at Wrestlemania and all that and I feel that the responsibility of that match never fulfilled is Triple H / McMahon Family for not doing so. I also felt that Sting wasted his career at TNA trying to keep that Company afloat and with Hulk Hogan doing the same thing was disastrous with that Immortals theme.

With the Hardys running crazy over there and the state of TNA without Dixie Carter is mind-blowing and all that and I can't put Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling seriously enough because I don't see any programming on my Cable System at all and I've simply cared less.

So, I don't care about TNA and GFW at all. To me, they are just Garbage right now..

Which leave me with Ring of Honor, Lucha Underground, and Raw and Smackdown ... and NXT.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:03 am

State of Pro Wrestling - Part 2 of 2

RING OF HONOR

Is on for 1 hour late Saturday PM and I usually don't watch TV on late SATURDAY NIGHT and I rarely have a chance to watch it at all. I watch Ring of Honor once a month if I can and frankly I simply care less about it. So, Ring of Honor is basically a TNA Lite and I don't really follow them at all.

RAW and SMACKDOWN

The problem with WWE Programming that these two shows are back to back and having said that - I don't like that one bit and I just can't see myself watching this at all and now - I don't like the idea of two Champions and two Tag Team Champions and all that and the Programming doesn't appeals to me anymore - so it's goodbye WWE.

NXT

NXT Who?

LUCHA UNDERGROUND

Let's see this ... Raw on Monday, Smackdown on Tuesday, and now LUCHA UNDERGROUND on Wednesday and this has some interest in this organization - the problem is that I rarely get to see it and it's pretty darn good when I can see it because the matches over there is very entertaining and explosive.

The problem is that I don't watch it that much and I'm usually out having dinner with friends and family that day and having said that it's not right when they put the programming on 5pm to 7pm and that's the time that I have dinner. Since I often forget about DVR (ing it) it's really sad that I don't watch it that much.

So, having said all this - I'm going to watch old programming of Pro Wrestling on You Tube for the rest of my life when I can and forget about watching Pro Wrestling on Prime Time Television anymore.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:31 pm

Well, Raw used to be the one show I watched regularly but I honestly don't like Raw much anymore. I can't stand SuperRoman and guys like Zayn don't do much for me, while acts like the New Day and Enzo & Cass were fun for a while but have gotten tired. I never used to watch Smackdown because it was taped and never felt important, but it's now the one I enjoy the most. I'll watch the NXT events but rarely bother to watch it weekly. Forget about the snoozerweights.

Which brings me to LU. I've tried Lucha Underground but I just can't get into the lucha style of wrestling. I couldn't stand Mysterio back in the day, and I can't watch a bunch of guys who look like they're in the same shape as me (round). ROH? I'll go to their house shows but never bother to watch their TV product.

And then there's TNA? I wrote them off a longtime ago similarly to how I wrote off the Hardys years ago. But damn, if the Broken gimmick didn't entertain. Yeah, it's absurd and bizarre, but in a lot of ways it's much more interesting than the canned dialogue the WWE forces upon a lot of their wrestlers, and their obvious storylines and pushes. Now I guess the Hardys may be leaving TNA with an eye on the WWE in April. I don't know how accurate that is, nor if they'd even give Matt hardy the latitude to work his gimmick before they ran it into the ground in a matter of weeks, but I'd be interested.

But TNA? I don't know. I still DVR it but rarely even watch it and most of the time I just skip through it.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:28 am

My First Wrestling Event

SuperBrawl II
February 29, 1992
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Milwaukee Theatre at the MECCA
Lex Luger (c) vs. Sting for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship

Sting was victorious, in this short match that shocked me.

Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc