Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

R.I.P. Ox Baker

Oh my God! It's the Karl Gotch of wrestling sections, step inside to catch all the latest on everything else from the defunct to Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes to Rip Rogers, the Nature Boy to the Natural Born Thrillers to the National Treasure. Vince Russo says, bro, this is the place to be, bro.

R.I.P. Ox Baker

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:31 am

Please about him here, he was an awesome wrestler, may he rest in peace :(
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: R.I.P. Ox Baker

Postby Tango X » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:40 am

The Ox one was big scary legendary dude. RIP. :batsad:
Tango X
Hero
Hero

Postby Doctor Fate » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:42 am

He was a legend in his time, and I was impressed by his work ethic and one of the better trainers in Professional Wrestling.

In 1988, Baker returned to the AWA. Under contract, Baker teamed up with The Russian Brute of ICW fame. The following year he opened "Ox Baker's Wrestling School", becoming a well-renowned trainer. His students include Mark Calaway and Bryan Clark.

He was instrumental in training Mark Calaway - better known to WWF/WWE Fans as the UNDERTAKER.

I met him once in 1990 at some Wrestling Promotion Event of which fans can mingle with the stars of ECW, WCW, and WWF.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby OneNineSix » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:43 pm

Another legend lost. This guy was a beast!! Like you said, Doc. He trained Mark who went on to become one of the most exciting wrestlers of all time. Both before and after he became the Undertaker. You're one lucky guy to meet him! How was that for you??
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Illiasc » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:08 pm

That's terrible news and a sad loss of a great wrestler. I didn't even know he's who trained The Undertaker, that's amazing. Also, Doctor Fate, that's awesome! I'm also pretty curious what that was like!
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Doctor Fate » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:11 am

OneNineSix and Illiasc,

Let's me think about this for a moment or two. Back in the early 90's ... I met him at a Wrestling Promotional Show of which it was in Los Angeles and meeting him for a mere 20 minutes listening some of the legends that he fought like the Barbarians, Legion of Doom, Hawk and Animal, the Bushwackers, Harley Race, and of course during his lifetime had friendship with Randy "Macho Man" Savage as well.

He even worked with several of the Horsemen as Tag Team Partners during the early days of AWA Wrestling from 1971 to 1974. Ole Anderson was one of them.

He loves to tell stories and most importantly he loves his fans - I was so impressed by his knowledge of Professional Wrestling that I just walked away with a smile on my face when he mentioned Mark Calaway - who later became the Undertaker and he said to the crowd - I helped to trained him and that's amazing to hear him talk about Mark.

Anyway, he's a great guy - despite his scary appearance ...

he's great with fans with all walks of life. Friendly, Lovable, and with a Heart of Gold. He's a Class by itself.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Return to NWA/WCW/ECW/Classic/Territories/Indies/Japanese/Misc