Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Stay Tooned!!!--The End!?????

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Stay Tooned!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:19 am

Hey PB, again I thought I'd contribute to your great topic like before. I don't recall you ever talking about it but forgive Me if I missed it. Anyway, I recently found some more old VHS cartoons and I thought about your topic right away. Here is Cadillacs and Dinosaurs!: This is the only VHS I have of this series and if I am recalling correctly I got it used at the video section @ Schnucks but I'm really not sure. Anyway here it is.

Here is the Wikipedia Page!

Here is the intro!

Do you remember them? I haven't watch'em in years. I always thought Hannah was one of finest looking female characters in a cartoon + the dinos looked awesome and the animation was really good. Oh and there was some cool games and more about it too!

I hope you liked this entry PB ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:17 pm

I can't say I remember that. I honestly had to look it up and it would've aired when I was 16 or so and by then I really only went out of my way to watch the X-men cartoon otherwise I'd sleep in or play video games or something on a Saturday morning. Kind of a crazy, unique idea, lol. The intro looks fun. Thanks for sharing!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:15 am

Your welcome. Yeah, the 90s cartoons wise for Me was kinda iffy compared to the 80s. It was still good though.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:48 am

So I thought of doing what I did before to extend your topic PB. I got these long ago when they first came out on VHS :o I already had these pics a while back to support your topic and thinkin' of it so I thought of postin'em now ;)

Here is the intros to each one!

I hope you liked it, I remember we were talkin' about these a while back so I think of it as a little continuation :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:41 pm

I never really owned many cartoon VHS tapes as a kid. We rented quite a few, and I sure taped my share of cartoons off TV, but never really owned many. I think COPS was the last show/toyline I took an interest an as a kid. Didn't really watch BraveStarr. For whatever reason, I always disliked most Filmation shows outside of He-Man.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:27 pm

Wow, I loved Cadillacs and Dinosaurs. The animation and art was fantastic. It was actually based on an 80s indie comic series. Also loved COPS and BraveStarr. Out of all of these, COPS is probably my favourite. I think I had a COPS VHS as well. The ones I can remember off the top of my head of having on VHS were COPS, Ewoks, Droids, Sectaurs, Muppet Babies and Bucky O' Hare.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:55 pm

PB: Yeah, I had tons of tapes from TV too. Oh I loved Filmation, shame they didn't cross over more things like the did MOTU/POP.

Acid: All of what you said sounds great :)

Thanks guys ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Stay Tooned!!!--The Christas Specials

Postby packerbacker180 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:12 pm

I have to say, I'm very disappointed in Cartoon Network this year. In past years they've played old Christmas cartoons on the weekends and on the holiday, but it looks like they aren't airing anything according to the Directv guide this year, so I thought I'd share some of lesser aired Christmas cartoons I've enjoyed besides the classic Rankin Bass claymation stuff that's on all month.

Ziggy's Gift-I read Ziggy in the comics on occassion, but not often. I remember this airing when I was a kid and it's not bad.

Christmas Comes to Pac Land--is there anything more 80s?

The answer is yes, yes, there is....
This isn't the actual special, but I just found this gem looking for the He-man/She-Ra special and it's hilarious!

The Chipmunk's Christmas, there's something here about a golden harmonica and I think Alvin still wants a hoola hoop for some reason. I swear there was a Chipmunk's special for every holiday in the 80's. I remember a Mother's Day one where they go find their mother or something and there's a shady uncle or maybe I was just having another fever dream.

Deck the Halls with Wacky Walls--yes, they made a cartoon about those little sticky squids you threw at the wall and watched slowly dribble down. Yes, it's as bad as you would imagine in a good way. It's a testament to the 80s that this exists. But if you read my post on Rubix, the Amazing Cube the fact this exists shouldn't surprise you. I saw this once as a kid, and it stuck with me. Not surprisingly, it didn't re-air as far as I remember. But it wasn't for a lack of voice acting talent as the cast included Daws Butler, Frank Welker, Peter Cullen, Tress McNeille and Marvin Kaplan (best known as Henry on the sitcom Alice).

Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus--I always liked this one, not the whole cartoon per se, but this speech. It's probably the second best Christmas cartoon speech outside of Linus. They remade this a few years ago but it wasn't even remotely as interesting IMO.

Yogi's First Christmas--this was one Cartoon Network always aired, now they want you to pay for it. I swear there were two Yogi cartoons that were almost identical in plot but different, but this one is the one I recall.

The Christmas Raccoons--I wrote up the Raccoons already, and this one isn't as good as the one they play hockey in because, well, they don't play hockey. I was never sure if people saw this nationwide as I remember it being on CBC or CTV from Toronto, but according to the wiki page it did air across the US.

This is just a few, I may post more if I have time, but I'm sure I've forgotten so many and not included more popular cartoons like Garfield's Christmas or Tiny Toons. Just about every 80s and 90s shows had their own Christmas episodes (even Eek! the Cat which started this whole thread--kumbaya!) so I was trying to focus on shows I remember having night time, prime time specials.

Please, feel free to share more!
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Stay Tooned!!!--The Christmas Specials!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:42 pm

Yep, all of those was great. I loved the Yogi one and especially the MOTU, My My recorded Me them when i was very young on VHS. All great stuff PB :scbat:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: Stay Tooned!!!--The Christmas Specials!

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:19 pm

I thought I'd add a few more Christmas specials from back in the day...

Inspector Gadgets Saves Christmas--I was surprised the original air date for this was 1992, I would've guessed it was mid to late 80s, but here we are. Dr. Claw has taken over the Northpole and it's up to Penny and Brain to save the day while the Inspector bungles his Go Go Gadget way around the place.

Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol--Oh, Magoo, you've done it again. If you want to take your animated character and put them in a Christmas cartoon but you don't want to take the time to write anything original like Rambo saving Santa from S.A.V.A.G.E. who has kidnapped him to make weapons of mass destruction for George Bush to use as an excuse to try nation building in the Middle East (I may've added that last part) then you've got really two options, either your character learns what life would be like had they never existed or your character gets visited by three ghosts to teach them the true meaning of Christmas. The latter is what we get here...

Emet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas--ok, so there's a third option as you can go the Gift of the Magi route as well, as is done here in this Jim Henson special that was on HBO all the time when I was a kid.

The Smurfs' Christmas Special--The Smurfs had several Christmas episodes but this was the first and the one I always liked best where the Smurfs save two kids from being kidnapped by an evil stranger by singing

packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions