Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Video Game Consoles: You Have The Power!!

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Video Game Consoles: You Have The Power!!

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun May 07, 2023 10:58 am

The games look terrific. If I were still a kid I'd probably never leave my room. I just sadly have little desire to play video games anymore. And my kids aren't really into Star Wars yet (your introduction to the property being your dad taking you to all three Sequel Trilogy films probably didn't help, lol). I know my older son who plays a lot of games played it a little, but I think we probably play the Xbox360 together more back in the day. Kids nowadays just have access to so many games online, it must be hard to get traction in the industry,
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon May 08, 2023 7:25 am

Well that's a shame PB, I hope they'll be into SW soon. Yes, XBOX 360 is still great. Dang, your kids knew Rey & Kylo before Luke & Vader :shock: I hope they wondered about Kylo's Grandfather in TFA and wanted to know more. Well like I said before, I know there's a ton of games and I got a lot of'em but I'm so hooked on the SWBF games and really the same thing goes the Battlefield games too, their just so engaging in those MP maps I mean there is nothing like being a team and defeating your opponent that is real people in cyberspace that feels like an actual war ;) One day I'll show those Battlefield games too as I have played all of them which they are all good :)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:45 am

So with the talk Jaws thanks to PB starting it in his Movie Trailer Topic ;) I thought let's do one last thing of Jaws. As you see the cover above, the video game for the NES is Jaws. It was great game. Now I told the story before in My Video Game Collection Topic which I'll say it again. Back in 1987 or so I wanted the really cool Activision Ghostbusters game for the NES because I adored the version on the Commodore 64 which I greatly showcased as a big special Halloween Bonus in My Vintage Action Figure Topic with My Kenner Ghostbusters & Beetlejuice collection a while back, if you never seen it I suggest you do especially around the spooky time of the year :blbat: So My Grandparents took Me to Crestwood's K-B Toys to get the GB NES game and I was really excited about going I mean I still recall it quite vividly :) When We got there I was really disappointed because they were sold out of it then I had to decide which other one I wanted in it's place. I saw they had Jaws on the shelf pegs behind the counter and I'm like I know Jaws and hey it's JLN who were like THE best video game company and My favorite at the time and quite frankly they still are so (if you follow Me faithfully then you know how much I talk about them and Acclaim!) I chose that game and in My little youngster mind I was really being a brat as I was unhappy with the game and I didn't play it. Now as I said before in PB's Topic, My Grandma loved the Jaws movies and Sharks in general. So she tried the game out and she got HOOKED RIGHT AWAY and really the game became her's :o :batshock: :wwgrin: :smgasp: She played the game quite often and mastered it. She became an expert at it like My Grandpa did at Tetris which I have expressed before about that. I bet he could beat many experts, he was that darn good :!: So I would watch her play Jaws and even join in a little bit but I wasn't as good as her and I saw her defeat Jaws more times than I can count and she still played this great game even after they got Me My N64 and really she continued to play it till the darn tech changed to what we know now. See, we played together and watched each other and shared the systems which is a good thing to do :) Thank goodness I grew out of that mindset of being too greedy and unappreciative of what I get and how a game is and all that jazz ;) So in My Video Game Collection Topic I showcased My NES games (which I showed that I eventfully got GB I & GB II) and in one of My Cases was mostly LJN games and one of'em was Jaws, look at that classic NES, gosh I miss these times but I'm so glad I was able to experience it cause there was no time like being a kid and gaming in the 80s & 90s :)

So here's the gameplay of Jaws, My Grandma played similar like that without any damage and beating the game. This video is only ten minutes long...while We never timed things like this back in the day, it really didn't matter because back then there wasn't the distractions that is this digital age and she never liked to rush things nor do I so she may have played longer in a setting. So here is the cool LJN Jaws NES Video Game that My Grandma loved and notice when it starts it says 1987, that's the year We got this, always pay attention to the copyrights like I always say in My showcases :)

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:28 pm

I completely forgot that game existed but seeing the video I definitely recall playing it. Probably rented it at some point.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:11 am

How about that PB ;) Here's this. Back in the day when TMNT was coming about in the 80s & 90s, I would have really loved to have this had it existed then that is and really its quite rad that they made Pizza-scented Xbox Controllers :!: Shame it's from yet another reboot however :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh:

TMNT XOX Pizza Scented Controllers 1.jpg
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:30 am

Xbox360 Store Closing 1.jpg

So they're closing the XBOX 360 store. I haven't bought anything there for ages since they upgraded to XBOX ONE but this is a shame because it seems like only yesterday when I got the DLC for WWE 2K17 which was one of the last games ever for the system and all of the cool stuff you can get for your Avatar. Now this system's era is ending :batsmh: :wwsmh: :smsmh: I still think it's truly a fine and remarkable one however, it was the first one that got Me back into gaming :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:51 pm

I can't imagine too many people were still using it.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:04 am

Oh like I said, WWE 2K17 was one of the very last games ever on the system and getting the DLC was like the final new content in the store. It's just that you get involved with the systems and all that then they discontinue it :roll: It's still a great system without it however I mean you kinda disregard the whole "connected to the internet" mindset like an old school system from the 80 & 90s and in fact I still find it superbly fun arguably even more than PS4 & Wii U :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:01 am

So today is Wednesday, September 13th, this is the 30th Anniversary of Mortal Monday, 1993 which is the day that the original Mortal Kombat was released on all four major video game systems :batshock: :wwshock: :smgasp:

Here's this news report about Mortal Kombat in 1993 when it was first known and there was major concern about the violence & gore. You can tell that the kids aren't squeamish here and that their having fun. The nice looking Asian reporter is doing her job and presenting the scrutiny but the thing is she's Asian, the game & story has a huge Asian story too it :shock: When I was a youngster during this time I was extremely euphoric about it. I had already seen stuff like this in movies, I love Karate and action hero films. I was used to the likes of Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude Van Damme & Steven Seagal and I had already seen most if not all of their movies by 1993 not to mention that many of these characters looked like the ones in one of My all-time favorite films, John Carpenter's Big Trouble in Little so I mean MK was right up My alley :batsmile: There is fatalities that is very similar that was seen in movies like Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom and Predator 1 & 2 so ripping a guy's heart out or pulling his head off + the spine was nothing I didn't see before and keep in mind I'm only 12 at this point & time and I thought it was cool, I still do. Here's the report that was 30 years ago this year in 1993 :o

Ah yes the Rating System, I recall it like it was yesterday seeing that all video games were being rated and it was all thanks to Mortal Kombat and it still continues to this very day :o This generation probably has no clue how it started and while they have this no caring mentality of the past, they should because this is one of the most historical moments in gaming antiquity :!: Nintendo was very family friendly and childish so they didn't allow the gore in their SNES version.

However Sega was more for the mature gamer + the business so that's one of the reasons why they ruled and why Sega Genesis was arguably My favorite of all :batwink:

Here's the Nintendo Game Boy gameplay :!:

Here's the Sega Game Gear gameplay :!:

As a bonus, here's one of the things that made MK so fun is finding secret characters so here's this...Finding REPTILE!!!

So I hope you liked this special spotlight of this very special 30th Anniversary of Mortal Monday & Mortal Kombat :) You can see the trailers that I posted in PB's Toy Commercial Topic here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post48554.html#p48554 as well as My ENTIRE Mortal Kombat Collection from the first game in My Video Game Collection Topic here ---> http://www.dctoyrevolution.org/post48552.html#p48552 :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:15 pm

I remember how big a deal that was back then. I played the first few MKs on the Genesis, but never really followed them after that. I was never into those types of fighting games because I became a bit of a button masher in them, lol.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions