Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Walking Dead TV Series (May Contain Spoilers)

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Re: Walking Dead TV Series (May Contain Spoilers)

Postby Caleb » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:39 am

Spoilers, clearly.

So...uh, the point of doing those standalone Governor episodes was...what, exactly? "Hey guys, let's waste time pretending that we're going to develop a character who doesn't change at all, really. And then let's kill him off!" Okay, I'm grateful that it didn't take as long as last season. I was worried that the whole back half would be Rick's group worrying about the tank. But still. There was NO point to either Governor episode, considering that he didn't change at all. We knew about his daughter. We knew he was kind of nuts. And we knew that he could sway people pretty easily. Did we really need anything else in there to get through the finale? Uh...no.

Pretty good episode, though. Hershel's gone, which blows. And the way he died was...well, kind of silly (seriously, did NONE of The Governor's new people think it was weird that he was hacking an old man's head off while they were all getting shot at?). But the prison is done, the characters can start moving again, and it seems like they've abandoned that flu plot. Plus all the stuff with little girls (the mud zombie, the girls saving Tyreese) was great. And it's nice to see Glenn get some screen time these days, even if he didn't really do much.

Okay, Daryl using a rotting corpse as a human shield was pretty dumb. But, hey, he got to take the tank out.

I think I'm mostly just happy that The Governor is dead, so we'll never have to waste another multi-episode arc on him pretending he's not psycho, but then turning out to be...well, psycho. I liked him in the comics, but that's because he didn't distract much from the main story, he was a part of it. Here? Yeah, glad he's gone. Plus Morrissey's voice sounds like Rock-A-Doodle, and that's been bugging me since he showed up.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:11 pm

But at least we got to see some things you just don't come back from.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby beastovjudgement » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:30 pm

Well, we all know when you are too far gone, it is because you have done things from which you cannot come back.

It was, over all, a pretty good episode. I have to admit it greatly exceeded (admittedly very low) expectations. I was worried the Governor crap was to be dragged out an overly long time, but he was quickly and definitively (I hope) disposed of. I accurately predicted Herschel's death as comic book Tyreese's stand-in, which was unfortunate. But, the ending, with the group fleeing their long-time sanctuary, now burning and overrun with zombies, leaving behind dead companions, and having some of the survivors separated and left behind... It sounds somewhat familiar. Was it an earlier season which ended in exactly the same way?
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:42 pm

No. That was a farm. Totally different from a prison.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby beastovjudgement » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:16 pm

Of course. What was I thinking?
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:15 pm

I think the point of the Governor episodes was to show that he tried to come back from some things but...
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Caleb » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:46 pm

Yeah, the show's been handling that point with all the subtlety of a nuclear bomb.

It was still a waste of time. C'mon, there was more story in the first two episodes of Almost Human than this whole season of The Walking Dead. It's like a zombie bit the show and turned it into a slow, shambling monster that occasionally bites really, really hard.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Previous

Return to General Discussions