Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Well, I'm in Florida now...

Discuss whatever you want here, but please, keep it clean and use good judgement!

Well, I'm in Florida now...

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:27 pm

Hi gang, it's me your resident idiot...and I've had 5 pints in the last hour plus... :smsmh:

I'm in Florida for the week with the rest of the idiots, spending time in Punta Gorda with Wife's parents...my question to you lot is this:

I found a place called Shamrock Comics that I'm hoping to go to tomorrow and I'm wondering of any other close by places you guys may know of that rock the house?

May as well ask the most knowledgable group of spectacular misfits I know for help!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Re: Well, I'm in Florida now...

Postby Doctor Fate » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:57 pm

Vacationing in Florida, I'm presume? ....
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:12 pm

Yes sir, good Doctor...Emma and I tried to hit Shamrock Comics on Sunday and it was closed for remodeling...we'll try again Wednesday; keep your fingers crossed
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:33 pm

Good luck, Savant!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:57 pm

I've never been there, but I've purchased stuff before from a bookstore in Florida called Demolition Comics. The guys seem really nice when I've contacted them to order things. But it looks like they're located about 90 minutes from you closer to Tampa. Not sure what their physical store looks like though.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:05 pm

Thanks for the tips guys...ill be hitting Shamrock Comics tomorrow so wish me Happy Hunting!!!
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:17 am

Happy hunting, my friend!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:53 pm

Well, we're home and I finally was able to hit Shamrock Comics on Friday...nice place, open since August and the owner is from Chicago and a Cubs fan!

Anywho, nice organized shop, mostly newer comics and toys but a few gems were seen...I bought the girls My Little Pony comics and I raided their back issue bins for a few books to cross off the list.

If you're near Port Charlotte, FL; hit them up
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:55 pm

Well, you can't say back issues and not tell us what. Spill!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:10 pm

Haha...most were modern back issues, a few older Spidey comics, 1st Deadshot, 3rd Kraven and modern variants galore
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to General Discussions