Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

DST Universal Monsters!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

DST Universal Monsters!!

Postby mikey1974 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:06 pm

anyone else here collect these?!

I missed out on all the Sideshow ones,but I love these! always wanted a good, all-encompassing Universal Monsters collection,and now I'm pretty much getting most of it! just got the Series 4 stuff in this past week:

previously,I've gotten all of these:

I especially like all the Mego-styled figures they did...something about them just...just reminds me of being a kid again!

the only complaint I could have is they're running out of characters to do!!
mikey1974
Rookie
Rookie

Re: DST Universal Monsters!!

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:40 pm

Hey mikey! Awesome collection! These look great. I'm a huge Universal movie monsters fan and watch the old black and whites frequently. Actually, I really wanted to get these but I couldn't justify getting these figures in a different scale. I do have a bunch of the Sideshow ones including Bela Lugosi Dracula, Murder Legendre and Frankenstein's Monster, Boris Karloff Frankenstein's Monster and Mummy, Lon Chaney Jr. Wolfman, Lon Chaney Sr. Phantom of the Opera and London After Midnight and the Creature from the Black Lagoon. :smgrin: The accessories that come with these look fantastic. Don't forget, they can still do the different versions of Frankenstein's Monster, Dr. Frankenstein, Fritz, Igor and more.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikey1974 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:01 pm

I'm pretty sure Son of Frankenstein Monster is in Series 5,as they showed him at SDCC. they're making a Van Helsing - BUT - it kinda sucks! it's an "original take" version,and looks nothing like any of the actor's who ever played him!

personally,in addition to that Son of Frank version,I'm hoping for London After Midnight Vampire and the Creature Walks Among Us version of the Creature from the Black Lagoon. if I get those 3,I'll be content!

here's some pics of my current setup. just missing the Mole Man,which is a TRU exclusive,and I haven't found yet. I found i likd the Mego-style figures more than the standard plastic ones,so as I got more of them I replaced the plastic ones out with the Mego ones,but still kept the accessories/displays. and my son got all the figures!

mikey1974
Rookie
Rookie

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:10 pm

I really like those setups you have there. Great job! I think another reason I wasn't totally sold on the set yet was because they didn't have the likeness for Bela Lugosi for Dracula although I have to say, that still looks pretty cool! :smgrin: Hunchback looks awesome! I still need one for my Sideshow set. The Mr. Hyde and Invisible Man are really cool. So Hyde has swappable hands and head? Love that.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikey1974 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:14 pm

AcidDragon wrote:I really like those setups you have there. Great job! I think another reason I wasn't totally sold on the set yet was because they didn't have the likeness for Bela Lugosi for Dracula although I have to say, that still looks pretty cool! :smgrin: Hunchback looks awesome! I still need one for my Sideshow set. The Mr. Hyde and Invisible Man are really cool. So Hyde has swappable hands and head? Love that.

yeah,but only the "full" DST set. if you get the TRU version,it just comes with the Mr. Hyde stuff and a base.
mikey1974
Rookie
Rookie

Postby mikey1974 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:43 pm

yeah,it sucks they didn't get Lugosi. but,I will say this : the Mego styled head looks WAY closer to him:

than the all plastic version, LOL! :

mikey1974
Rookie
Rookie

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:01 pm

Haha, very true, man. I've been looking at rounding off my Sideshow 12" collection with the Hunchback, Invisible Man and the This Island Earth's mutant, the Bride of Frankenstein and Mr. Hyde but their prices have really shot up except for the Hunchback. :mmmad:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikey1974 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:32 pm

got the Mole Man today!

so...that's it for this year's offerings... :cry:
mikey1974
Rookie
Rookie

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:44 pm

Nice, I was thinking of army building some Mole people myself. Those look slick, dude.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:04 pm

that is a great setup. I only have the Bride, wish I could find more, they are nice. The display you set up is great!!!!
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Next

Return to General Toy Discussions