Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Kickstarter Lines

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Kickstarter Lines

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:54 pm

I thought we should have a topic to call attention to Kickstarter (or Indiegogo, etc.) toy projects. Here's a couple I found cool...
Legends of Cthulhu by Warpo!: "A collectible 3.75" action figure line based on the works of H.P. Lovecraft that look identical to their 1970's/80's retro counterparts."
This is an obviously Kenner/LJN inspired line (it even involves some of the people that worked on some vintage lines, including LJN's Dungeons and Dragons figures). The sculpting is great, the subject matter is great, the packaging is beautiful, and I love how thoroughly they're getting into the era.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Kickstarter Lines

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:57 pm

Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. by Boss Fight Studio!: "Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. is a line of highly articulated action figures for adult collectors designed with play and customization in mind."
Some killer 4-inch figures here with a crazy level of articulation. They're designed for army-building and for easy customization (not far off from Xevoz, it seems) and BFS is opening with a Greek mythology theme! Great stretch goal figures, too - pre-curse Medusa looks rad.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:09 pm

Oh man, I need that Cthulhu!!! And the rest, too. Big H.P. Lovecraft fan here.

Oh boy, I wonder what the stretch goals are! This thing has me really excited now!!! :smgasp:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby secondwhiteline » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:02 am

Legends of Cthulhu hit its goal already! Glad I backed it. I did the Cultist level for all four figures. They also just hit their first stretch goal, which is a translucent deco Cthulhu figure! Anyone who does Cultist or higher gets one, which is awesome.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:08 am

I hope we'll get a chance to buy singles of the Deep One and the Cultist, too. I can see myself getting multiples of those for sure!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Barbecue17 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:55 pm

I'm really debating on picking up both of these.

I really want to do the all in option for VH so I can get every figure, variant, and stretch goal!

The Cthulhu line appeals to me as well. I wonder what future figures they might offer?
I review an unhealthy amount of Batman and Batgirl related stuff at http://www.thepicreview.com
Barbecue17
Partner
Partner

Postby secondwhiteline » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:50 am

I'm signed on for both of these. For Cthulhu, I'm doing the Cultist level with one of each. I'm guessing the next stretch goal is a different Professor, and the $200k one is a big Cthulhu.

Right now I'm doing the 10 Spartan army with the VH line, and buying singles that I really want at checkout (pre-curse Medusa, an Amazon or two). I'm also open to trading some of the Spartans for other stuff for anyone who wants to army build too. Let me know if you're interested, Barbecue.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Avalon » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:42 pm

In for Cthulhu, not sure about the Spartan line yet although it looks great. I love supporting these indie lines. Here's fingers crossed for epic sized Chtulhu.
Avalon
Superhero
Superhero

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:46 pm

If we start getting stuff like "severed torso crazy man" from Rats in the Walls, I'll meet my maker a very happy man.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby secondwhiteline » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:37 pm

Hah! I hope they get successful enough to do Re-Animator figures in this scale, too. Or maybe Funko can pick up that slack. Some of us have been waiting for years to tell the story of when Herbert West was a fugitive sought by both the G.I. Joes and Cobra for his serum.

And for those of you who aren't convinced about the Greek line, may I present an item on sale at Toys 'r' Us right now in its True Legends line...

I'm filling this thing up with Spartans and it's going to be awesome.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to General Toy Discussions