Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Latest haul and what's new

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: The Latest Haul Thread!!!

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:27 pm

Awesome. Could there be a Blockbuster custom in your future? :blbat:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:56 pm

That was honestly a consideration.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Illiasc » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:57 am

Nice! Earlier today I got the first nine issues of Justice League 3000, going to give that one a try and got quite a nice deal on them. I also snagged a loose DCUC Batman from the Batman & Robin Dynamic Duo pack for a pretty cheap price, too. I'm not sure I could ask for any other Batman. :batgrin:

Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby OneNineSix » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:51 pm

Nice hauls, everyone. Not really a "haul" per se, but it's that time of year again and you know what that means... Yup. Monster cereal is back! Something special about this year, though. General Mills commissioned DC Comics to redesign their 3 mascots and the artists chosen were my favorite, Jim Lee, as well as Dave Johnson, Terry & Rachel Dodson. I decided to stock up this year, particularly in Boo Berry as I can sometimes find the other two at some specialty stores but there seems to be a major shortage on Boo Berry. Here's a picture of the new art which I think looks pretty damn awesome. Underneath you'll also find the retro boxes which are only available at Target.

General-Mills-Monster-Cereals-redesign-hero-IIHIH.jpg

...and yes, I'm definitely holding onto the boxes for collection purposes. :gghlol:
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby Illiasc » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:07 am

Okay so I'm definitely keeping an eye out for those! :blsm: That's truly awesome! Speaking of Gentleman Ghost, it was one of my recent hauls today along with Hawkgirl, a Black Canary I got for quite a nice steal, and the Batman/Superman Public Enemies 3.75" pack. It'll be fun getting some Halloween-themed photos with Gentleman Ghost involved.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:10 pm

myhaul.jpg

I had a half day today so I dropped by my local comic spot to pick up a few comics I had pre-ordered. The first print of the Death of Archie double issue magazine and the special Life After Archie issue with cover art by Alex Ross. It looks stunning. I also ended up buying something that I wasn't going to get for a while for budget reasons and wanting to make sure I can still get Doomsday... I wasn't even expecting to see her there. Funny how that happens sometimes... I usually order these online but they had a Sailor Saturn figure right there when I went to pay and a little voice inside me told me I had to buy it. Sometimes you just can't beat the itch. :blww:
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby Illiasc » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:21 pm

Nice! I've been contemplating myself on reading any of the Archie comics that involve his death, but perhaps October is a good enough excuse to read them, Halloween and all. I looove the Archie comics, but I'm too fond of back in the day when it wasn't so dark and, well, when things were normal and cheery with a touch of silly.
Illiasc
Hero
Hero

Postby OneNineSix » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:03 pm

Awesome haul, Ame. I went a little overboard and got all the variant covers for the Death of Archie. Nice snag on that Sailor Saturn, too. Wasn't even aware she was out already.
"I calculate that the probability of our concluding this game of Dungeons and Dragons before the business meeting resumes is slight!"
OneNineSix
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:08 pm

Cool stuff, guys! My Sailor Saturn was shipped a little while ago and I received her by Tuesday. I have to admit that I have a soft spot for this series since it was some of my first exposure to anime. :smgrin:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:17 pm

Some recent pickups and birthday gifts!

Lifeforce by Tobe Hooper, the Scream Factory release, which was a birthday gift. The other two are German all-region DVDs of two films by Godfrey Ho, the master of ninja trash cinema. Read up on him, you won't regret it.

Bandai SH Figuarts Sadako from Ringu, and Waxwork Records' recent release of the Friday the 13th soundtrack on 180-gram vinyl. These guys put together beautiful sets.

An amazing Calvin & Hobbes pillow bought for me by my girlfriend! She found it on Etsy.

And lastly, for the ladies, SWL modeling a recent WWE Dean Ambrose hoodie, which just came in today.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions