Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Mezco Mortal Kombat

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Mezco Mortal Kombat

Postby secondwhiteline » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:42 pm

Hey, here's one I missed around NYCC - Mezco has the Mortal Kombat license now, and showed off the first three figures!
http://news.toyark.com/2014/10/10/nycc-2014-mezcos-awesome-6-inch-mortal-komabt-x-figures-140535
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Mezco Mortal Kombat

Postby secondwhiteline » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:47 pm

And here's the press release...
Mezco Toyz Acquires Mortal Kombat License

New York- Mezco Toyz is proud to announce it has entered into an agreement with Warner Brothers to create a new series of collectibles based on the popular video game franchise: Mortal Kombat.

Mortal Kombat is one of the most successful and influential video game franchises ever created. Having celebrated over two decades of success and with nine games in its legacy and an all new next gen platform game being released spring 2015, the Mortal Kombat brand is a top rated and earning game brand that is a fan favorite. With gamer anticipation at a record high, millions of units of the game have already been pre-sold.

Mortal kombat is well known for its unique characters, engaging fighting style and most notably, its finishing moves. Since its initial release in 1992, Mortal Kombat has won numerous awards, setting previously unimaginable sales records. With cumulative sales topping 40million games sold, Mortal Kombat has been called “One of the reasons for people to own a gaming console…”.

Mezco is in development on numerous lines based on the world of Mortal Kombat and starting with the new up coming Mortal Kombat X game. initial offerings include: 3.75 inch figures, 6 inch scale figures, accessories, bobble heads, plush figures, clip-ons and key chains and more.

Mezco previewed several of the 6inch scale Mortal Kombat figures at New York Comic Con in October.

Additional figures and more details will be revealed at Toys Fair in February 2015. Mezco’s Mortal Kombat lines will be available in stores starting 2015.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby secondwhiteline » Tue May 12, 2015 11:37 am

Mezco's site has MK Series 2 up for preorder. They're also available as singles. I may pick up Katana, who looks great, but I don't really care about Quan Chi or Kotal Khan. Hoping series 3 has Cassie Cage and a couple of longer-term characters who need figures - someone like Kenshi or Jax.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun May 31, 2015 12:10 pm

Have you guys seen this version?!? Awesome accessories
image.jpg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby Idiot Savant » Sun May 31, 2015 12:29 pm

:smgasp: :batshock: :wwshock:
image.jpg
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Return to General Toy Discussions