Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

My Hot Toys Resident Evil Collection: Ada Wong ADDED!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: My Hot Toys Resident Evil Collection!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:48 pm

AcidDragon wrote:Awesome pics, man. I'm a huge Resident Evil fan, too. I'd love to see a Claire Redfield toy, too. The first Resident Evil game I ever played was Resident Evil 2 on my PS1 which introduced us to Claire Redfield and Leon Kennedy so there's a special place in my heart for those two characters in particular. :smgrin:

Thanks a lot dude:) Yes, My first time for playing a RE game was RE 2 on N64 and yes I loved it and still do and yes Claire is a must!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:53 pm

The story was excellent and you really felt like you were struggling to survive in a small confined area. 3 was on a much grander scale. 4 was epic scale and vast but 5 and beyond started to lose me.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Caleb » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:24 pm

Man, the Chainsaw Ganado looks pretty freakin' cool! Nice collection. I never got any of the HT video game figures, but I do own Alice, and she is awesome. Easily one of the best likenesses HT has wheeled out, IMO.

If they wheel out an RE2 Claire, I'll plotz. Seriously. I like the CV version, but her classic matched shorts and vest look is easily my favorite costume in the entire series. I'd love to see an RE2 Leon, Stars Chris, RE3 Jill, William Birkin (V2), Nemesis, and Mr. X as well. Heck, maybe a Crimson Head just to round things out.

Resident Evil 2 really was an awesome game. I remember playing it late at night with the lights on as a younger kid - the Licker coming through the window of the interrogation room always got me. Anyone played the Gamecube reboot?
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:28 pm

I was going to say, Caleb. The Licker Interrogation Room segment was a turning point for me and games. They made me laugh, they made me cry, now they made me pee my pants. :batlol: I only played the RE1 Gamecube redo. I wasn't aware of an RE2 redo. Did they spruce up the graphics like in RE1? Yeah Claire looks jaw droppingly awesome in that get up.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Caleb » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:37 pm

Oh no, I meant the RE1 reboot, which is probably the best looking video game - yes, PS3, I'm including you on here - I have ever played. Just being out in those woodsy cabins was enough to make me hesitate at each and every door. God, I love that game. I've always wondered what an RE2 reboot would be like (awesome, I'm sure). I know they were considering it before someone came up with RE4. Not that I'm complaining, but a reboot of 2 in the Zero / REboot style would've been off the freakin' chain!

And dude, I kid you not, the first time I was playing RE2, I actually didn't play it for a week after that Licker sequence. The zombie hands in the first floor hallway always made me jump too, but they didn't have that 1HK option Licker did (if your health was low enough). Also, when Mr. X comes crashing through the wall in the B Missions...god, I learned to hate that "BWAAAAAHHHHHH" electric foghorn that announced his presence.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:19 pm

Haha yeah, and wasn't there a part where the Licker appears on the ceiling overhead but you don't actually encounter him yet? And yeah, the hall part, that was one of the most frightening things because it meant that enemies were no longer going to attack you in a linear fashion. They could come from anywhere, even background elements. It took you out of the fact that it was a video game and actually had you thinking "Oh gosh, where are they going to pop out from next??". One of my old schoolmates taped the cinematics on VHS back in the day and I watched them repeatedly.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:13 am

Do you have any questions about my figures? Let me know. Each one is a big conversation piece :o
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:14 pm

I'm not that familiar with the Hot Toys. Well that is, I don't own any. I know enough about them, I think. What's the durability like on that Ada Wong figure? I like that they mold a rubber skin over the elbow joints but I'm just wondering if there are any crack/breakage concerns.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:52 am

AcidDragon wrote:I'm not that familiar with the Hot Toys. Well that is, I don't own any. I know enough about them, I think. What's the durability like on that Ada Wong figure? I like that they mold a rubber skin over the elbow joints but I'm just wondering if there are any crack/breakage concerns.

I see, well, Ada is good quality. like all Hot Toys, she is a bit fragile as you got to know how to handle HT figures. The rubber skin is fine and if you don't move her around too much she will last over time but you must careful as to not move her joints the wrong way or too far. I personally do not prefer the rubber skin over a body, I prefer the regular ones with the visible joints. You can ge way more movement and great poses that way! Shame Hot Toys went this route :roll: Sure, it looks great as do Phicens but that doesn't make them better for posing.

I hope this helps. What do you think of the other other characters' figures?
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:06 am

That Jack Krauser makes my skin crawl... :batlol: What order did these figures come out? Jill, Claire and Leon are my favourite characters of all time from Resident Evil. I feel like I went through the most with them in RE2 and 3 and to some extent, Carlos in 3 as well. He was a cool character who deserves a figure.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Toy Discussions