Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

NECA Dawn of the Planet of the Apes-Luca.

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Re: NECA Dawn of the Planet of the Apes-Luca.

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:43 pm

I'm going bananas trying to find this guy in stores. I'll probably have to swing for him online and stop monkeying around with TRU stores. Would anyone that has him possibly be able to post a picture of him beside a standard DCUC figure? I'd like to see what he looks like before buying him online.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:06 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:I'm going bananas trying to find this guy in stores. I'll probably have to swing for him online and stop monkeying around with TRU stores. Would anyone that has him possibly be able to post a picture of him beside a standard DCUC figure? I'd like to see what he looks like before buying him online.

Ye asketh, and so it shall be delivered:

Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:21 pm

Sock 'em in his mouth, Supes!

I mean, thanks, Ken. Think I'll just order it online for a little extra so I can stop wandering into TRUs.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Ken Davis » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:16 pm

packerbacker180 wrote:Sock 'em in his mouth, Supes!

I mean, thanks, Ken. Think I'll just order it online for a little extra so I can stop wandering into TRUs.

Y'know, back when I was first reading comics........waaay back in the Before-Times™ , it seems like Superman was always fighting a gorilla--either a gigantic one or something else like it in various sizes. I always thought the simian Ultra-Humanite was about the pinnacle of monstrous super-villainy, and gorillas were just................cool.
So when I grabbed Luca for the pic, I went and grabbed a standard "DCUC"(ish) figure, and it just happened to be Superman.

Comics need more superheroes fightin' gorillas. ;)

But, yeah, as you can see, they are quite compatible and Luca is a really good figure.
Ken Davis
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:43 pm

Went ahead and bought this guy from amazon. Paid more $23 for him which is a little more than tru but got sick of looking for him and amazon had a warehouse damaged package one discounted, plus it was a birthday giftcard buy anyway, so no money out of pocket.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to General Toy Discussions