Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Now that Toy Fair 2014 is in the books....

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

Now that Toy Fair 2014 is in the books....

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:17 pm

How is your overall opinion?

Personally, it seemed a tad lackluster for me...not sure if it's just my specific tastes weren't represented as much as they used to be or the show was just how it was...
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Re: Now that Toy Fair 2014 is in the books....

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:26 pm

As a really only DCUC and ML collector there wasn't anything to get excited about besides a sweet Nova in the Guardians line. Wish they had a comic accurate Starlord as well, but maybe down the line. That's all I can afford money and space wise, though Neca had a lot of cool stuff.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:49 pm

I thought there was a lot of cool reveals, especially for DCC. But I am real excited for the Funko reaction figures, and Generations Jetfire (skyfire). I would like that Nova, too.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:35 pm

Oh yeah those Funko figs were cool too. I wish they looked more like the characters but I get that that's kind of the retro point.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby S. Griffin » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:53 pm

I was pleased to see that NECA unveiled an Aliens Powerloader, but I can think of about fifty ways that thing could break. Also while I was pleased to read that they had acquired Sigourney Weaver's likeness rights, I wasn't happy to read that an Aliens Ripley figure would follow the Powerloader by what could be as much as six months or more; I honestly don't trust them to develop those two things separately and have them work together very well.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:29 pm

I agree, since two days ago I bought an ALIEN figure, and his foot was just completely broken off. I like NECA stuff, but sometimes the figures can be brittle. I cant even imagine trying to squeeze a Neca Ripley inside the Powerloader without something giving, probably my sanity. That being said, its super cool that they are attempting it.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Webslinger » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:45 pm

MOTUC had some decent reveals, DC/Mattel...nothing that made me want to set aside money, DC Collectibles is getting my cash this year for sure with their animated series line, Imaginext had some pretty neat-o blind bag stuff including what some are already classifying as a "Walter White" hazmat figure which I am gonna be on the lookout for since i loved the show. NECA... I haven't been let down yet, they still keep delivering awesome stuff. Overall I give the reveals a 6 out of 10. If Mattel/WB didn't cancel the DCUC retail line it would have been much higher for me...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby secondwhiteline » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:08 am

Toy Fair is never quite as exciting as ComicCon for toy announcements these days, but I thought Funko absolutely killed it, between the ReAction figures and the promise of Magic: The Gathering toys that might ACTUALLY GET RELEASED. Being an Aliens fan, NECA was great (although I wanted to see more Jason stuff from them). And the She-Ra club was a long time coming, so Matty did right by me. Overall, a pretty decent Toy Fair considering how many lines are winding down and what a transitional state the hobby's in.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Return to General Toy Discussions