Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Kurgan from Highlander - NECA now ADDED!!!!!!!

Discuss any toy lines that do not currently have their own topics here such as Thundercats, Hot Wheels, My Little Pony and Friends, Trash Pack and more!

The Kurgan from Highlander - NECA now ADDED!!!!!!!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:46 am

Well, I thought I'd share the pics I took years ago (darn it's hard to believe it was 2006 already) for a review I wrote for MWC of Sideshow's The Kurgan (Clancy Brown) from Highlander! I love him as well as the others and I hope you enjoy the pictures. Do you have memories of getting him from Sideshow as an exclusive and how difficult he was to obtain? He cost $80, back then it wasn't a lot compared to how things are priced up now :x Do you miss the old male sideshow body/buck and "Big Boy" body like I do? If you got questions, just ask and comments appreciated :D

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by BrandonDaCollector on Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: The Kurgan from Highlander!

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:38 pm

Awesome, Clancy Brown in all his sword wielding immortal beheading goodness!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:36 am

AcidDragon wrote:Awesome, Clancy Brown in all his sword wielding immortal beheading goodness!

Cool :) So, are you familiar with these figures dude :?:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:49 pm

I was never aware that they made Highlander figures, actually. These are extremely cool. That's awesome they made Connor but I'm even more surprised that they made Duncan Macleod, too! That's really cool.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby S. Griffin » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:20 pm

There's also a medieval Kurgan and Connor boxed set from NECA.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:31 pm

Whoa, Griffin, that set looks amazing. Do you own it? I'd actually shell out for that one, but I'm worried about the durability. The only NECA figures I own are the Mirage TMNTs, April O'Neil and the Mousers and have never had issues but I've heard tons of horror stories about NECAs snapping on people.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby S. Griffin » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:22 pm

I only saw one set out in the wild, and it had pretty ****ty paint aps. I wasn't too happy about that back then, but I'm okay not owning it now.
S. Griffin
Hero
Hero

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:57 am

S. Griffin wrote:There's also a medieval Kurgan and Connor boxed set from NECA.

Let's see here, YEP, I got it, gotta get it out of storage, stay tuned :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:59 pm

Did you ever find that Kurgan Connor NECA box?? :scbaf:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:11 am

AcidDragon wrote:Did you ever find that Kurgan Connor NECA box?? :scbaf:

Yes, I sure did. I'll post a lot pics IN THIS Thread soon :!:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to General Toy Discussions