Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

WWE Figures!

Wanna talk about your LJN Hulkster or that weird, skinny body Samoa Joe TNA figure? Maybe you've got some cool wrestling swag? Step up to the gorilla position and snap in to it, oh yeah!

Re: WWE Figures!

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:44 am

I can't believe I shelled out for Papa Shango and they re-released him in a cheaper two pack with the Warrior. Mattel does it again! Grrr.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:18 am

"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:10 pm

The only WWE/WCW Figures that I really want is the Legion of Doom/Road Warriors ... what would be the best one for a reasonable price for the pair?

You can send me a PM if you like?
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:47 pm

If articulation and color aren't a big deal for you, Doc, the cheapest set is Mattel's basic WWE Road Warriors with the blue color deco for about 27. Otherwise Jakks has the red set in better articulation for around 40 and Mattel's red elite version is around 15 to 30 for each guy and their AWA black costumes are a little more. :smsmile:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:49 pm

Just FYI, my favorite set is Mattel's elite in red but the AWA version is exceptionally higher quality with real straps on the spiked gauntlets but I prefer the red color deco over the classic black.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:00 pm

It's probably due to being in the northeast, but I never really cared much for the Road Warriors. By the time they got to the WWF, and the entire time they were there, I wasn't watching wrestling anymore. And by the time I got back into wrestling, right around WM14, they were already leaving. Eh, just never saw the appeal.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Doctor Fate » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:22 pm

Back to my problem regarding the Legion of Doom and I prefer the Red Look of them.

http://lylesmoviefiles.com/2015/07/27/mattel-wwe-hawk-and-animal-legion-of-doom-elite-30-figure-review/

I was working this problem today and I got Hawk in this version for $21 and Animal for $19 ... and another $10 for the belts and other stuff that I will be getting ... so I ended up paying $50 for the set and another $8 for shipping from a friend of mine that collects them and he has a spare one that I can have.

I will be getting them in 10 days from now and thanks for the tip guys.
The Helmet of Fate, Amulet of Anubis, and the Cloak of Destiny Awaits You!

Doctor Fate and Fate of the World ... are the same person ... the reason for two accounts is to add more photographs to this forum.
Doctor Fate
League Elite
League Elite

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:05 pm

That seems pretty reasonable for two Elite figures and accessories shipped. Congrats. It must've been...a ruuuuuuuusssssshhhhhhh.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby packerbacker180 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:26 pm

secondwhiteline wrote:
Probably should've been a steampunk robot Becky or vengeance demon Asuka, really.

Those are both awesome ideas. I'd buy them for the parts alone but they'd both look pretty sweet and logical mutations.
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:14 am

Nice job, Doc! That's a great price for that set. I love the red set and kind of wish they had the set in blue as well in elite format for variety. They've already produced a lot of classic teams, but I hope they do even more. So far, we have LoD, Demolition, the Wild Samoans, the Hart Foundation, the Rockers, the Bushwackers, Money Inc., the Natural Disasters, the Twin Towers, the Brainbusters, the Nasty Boyz, Piper and Bob Orton, Nikolai Volkoff and the Iron Sheik, Kerry and Kevin Von Erich.

I'd still like to see Powers of Pain, Power and Glory, the Oriental Express, the Dream Team, the British Bulldogs, the Killer Bees, the Fabulous Rougeaus and even Los Conquistadors. Still waiting for an 80s Mr. Fuji, Lou Albano and Precious Paul Ellering.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Wrestling Toys & Collectibles