Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

WWE Figures

Wanna talk about your LJN Hulkster or that weird, skinny body Samoa Joe TNA figure? Maybe you've got some cool wrestling swag? Step up to the gorilla position and snap in to it, oh yeah!

WWE Figures

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:06 am

wwelogos.gif

Am I the only dork here who collects these? LOL. I've been getting only the classic wrestlers from mid-90s and older only. Mattel did a pretty good job on them and captured their likenesses very well, I think. The only ones I'm missing are Big Bossman, Tully Blanchard and Miss Elizabeth. Oh and Papa Shango. I was a huuuge fan of wrestling back in the day although to be honest, I can't really get into any of the new stuff, but the nostalgia of the oldies still has a place in my heart. :batlol:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: WWE Figures

Postby mikey1974 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:19 pm

AcidDragon wrote:Am I the only dork here who collects these? LOL. I've been getting only the classic wrestlers from mid-90s and older only. Mattel did a pretty good job on them and captured their likenesses very well, I think. The only ones I'm missing are Big Bossman, Tully Blanchard and Miss Elizabeth. Oh and Papa Shango. I was a huuuge fan of wrestling back in the day although to be honest, I can't really get into any of the new stuff, but the nostalgia of the oldies still has a place in my heart. :batlol:

nope! not the only dork! I have what I would call a decent-sized collection of WWE Mattel figures. I have several display selves up:

1980's/early 90's
Attitude Era
WCW
Ruthless Aggression Era
Modern Roster
Modern Diva's
"Hasbro" shelf,which is basically the figures Mattel made that were also in the old Hasbro line - or a close approximation. i.e. Rick Rude Hasbro had the long hair,Mattel has the short hair.

I've also made a bunch of customs,too:

Hulk Hogan (1987)
Hulk Hogan (1990)
Hollywood Hogan
Sting (surfer)
Sting (crow)
Ric Flair
LOD
Scott Hall
Eric Bischoff
Chris Benoit
Brock Lesnar
Vince McMahon
Lex Luger (WCW)
Razor Ramon
Shawn Michaels (1992)
Owen Hart

...I actually have 3 figures coming in tomorrow. when I get them up and displayed,I'll post some collection pics.my main passion,though,like yours,is the older wrestlers.but i like to keep a roster of the current guys,or at least the ones I like and/or consider important!
mikey1974
Rookie
Rookie

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:55 pm

Sweet, man. I like doing pics of matches uses my Classics guys. I'll put up some pics when I get time. I have one of the old Jakks rings. Specifically the Wrestlemania 2 Steel Cage Match ring.

I don't like the steps that came with it but they're accurate. I really want a blue corner step like the Wrestlemania Classics ring had. My main eras are the '90s and earlier. I still have my old Hasbro spring loaded figures, too. I had most of them except for the newer ones like the Smoking Gunns, Yokozuna, etc.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikey1974 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:05 pm

some pics,as promised!

here's the whole WWE display area:

80's/early 90's Shelf:

Attitude Era Shelf:

WCW Shelf ( a little hard to see,it's behind the RA shelf):

Ruthless Aggression Shelf:

Modern Roster Shelf (2 spaces in the front are for Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns,coming next month):

Modern Diva's Display ( 3 spaces are for the Funkadactyl's and Tamina Snuka,also coming in October):

"Hasbro-Inspired" Display:

King's of the Ring:

Undertaker Shelf:

Replica Belts:

mikey1974
Rookie
Rookie

Postby mikey1974 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:05 pm

damn! only 3/4 of each picture showed up!! :shock:
mikey1974
Rookie
Rookie

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:55 pm

No worries. I can still see the whole pictures when I click 'em. I'll find a way to get the forum to resize linked images. That's an insane collection, though. Where on earth did you get all those awesome belts, man? It's awesome how you've got everything well integrated between Mattel and Jakks.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:27 am

There you go, now everything is displaying nicely. :smlol:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:27 am

I especially like the kings of the ring together. thats cool. I have so many jakks dudes that Idk what to do with. They 'yre really not something I want to display. The mattel ones are cool, I have about 14 of them. I just pick up guys I like, and I have some of the legends figures too. But, I am really excited for the Shield to come out!!!!!! They look really sweet.
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby mikey1974 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:30 pm

AcidDragon wrote:No worries. I can still see the whole pictures when I click 'em. I'll find a way to get the forum to resize linked images. That's an insane collection, though. Where on earth did you get all those awesome belts, man? It's awesome how you've got everything well integrated between Mattel and Jakks.

I've been picking up replica belts since like 2001 ! every few years or so I'll get 1 or 2. still want to get the Attitude Era IC belt, current IC belt,and US Championship belt.
mikey1974
Rookie
Rookie

Postby mikey1974 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:04 pm

Bo-rilla Grodd wrote:I especially like the kings of the ring together. thats cool. I have so many jakks dudes that Idk what to do with. They 'yre really not something I want to display. The mattel ones are cool, I have about 14 of them. I just pick up guys I like, and I have some of the legends figures too. But, I am really excited for the Shield to come out!!!!!! They look really sweet.

just found out ringsidecollectibles.com got BP 24 back in stock,which means i should have Rollins and Reigns in next week to complete the Shield!
mikey1974
Rookie
Rookie

Next

Return to Wrestling Toys & Collectibles