Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

2015: Last year of MOTUC

Featuring some of the most creative looking action figures, ever, He-man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power has garnered a huge following since it's creation in the early '80s.

2015: Last year of MOTUC

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:21 pm

secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: 2015: Last year of MOTUC

Postby Webslinger » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:14 pm

This an official release?...
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:25 pm

That ain't a bad graphic. Good job Matty, that sure beats the hideous MS Paint thermometer of 2012.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby secondwhiteline » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:04 am

Webslinger wrote:This an official release?...

Looks like it. Matty posted it on their FB page.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Idiot Savant » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:59 am

From what I gather it is official...we knew it was coming

Im not a collector of the MOTUC but I do has a few...these are supremely well crafted figs that are SO much better than DCUC (which I have most) but it's sad to see it ending.

Looks like the age of the action figures are approaching their twilight years...I'm not sure how much longer we will have figs; hopefully through 2019 for the DC movie figs

But beyond that, pickings are getting slim
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Postby secondwhiteline » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:31 pm

I don't know, I think figures will be around, but they'll be a more independent thing. Those Kickstarters I posted are doing extremely well. There's a market, but probably not enough of one to justify bigger companies like Mattel investing in the format. The only exceptions are the perennials that have tons of reuse, like Turtles and WWE.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:53 pm

There's a few guys left who I absolutely feel like I need so I'm definitely in for the final year. I just have sincere doubts that they're going to get to Multi-Bot, Queen Angella, both the remaining Snake Men and a few others who I consider essential so overall, 2015 will still be a very good collecting year for me.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby secondwhiteline » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:18 pm

I mean, Multi-Bot's the big question for me, along with Rotor and Twistoid. But I could see Multi-Bot showing up in the same format as Modulok. I really think they'll finish up the Snake Men, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Queen Angella. I feel bad for NA fans, because unless there's a half-year sub there's going to be a big gap in their collections. At least my PoP stuff gets the six extra slots.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:05 pm

It's a shame they didn't detach the upper torso from the lower torso for Modulok as was the case for Multi-bot which would make for even funkier combinations of Megabeast.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby secondwhiteline » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:07 pm

Hah! That would be awesome.

Who's left from Vintage, anyway? Multi-Bot, Ninjor, Dragstor, Snake Face, my bro Sssqueeze, Saurod, Gwildor, Lazer Tag He-Man and Skeletor, Rotor and Twistoid...Am I missing anyone?

So word from Matty is that there's no day-of-sale figures in 2015, AND a set number of subscriptions to go along with that. The secondary market's gonna be chaos. I'm just lucky a lot of fans aren't into PoP and like to unload theirs.
secondwhiteline
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to He-man & the Masters of the Universe