Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Any He-Fans/She-Ravers on here?

Featuring some of the most creative looking action figures, ever, He-man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power has garnered a huge following since it's creation in the early '80s.

Any He-Fans/She-Ravers on here?

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:25 am

Hey guys,

Any of you collect the MOTU/MOTUC stuff? I've been as dedicated a MOTU Classics collector as I have been a DC Classics collector. Any one else collect this line on here? Looking forward to that Castle Grayskull playset! :smsmile:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Any He-Fans/She-Ravers on here?

Postby Insanity's Peak » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:23 pm

Yeah, I started with MotUC earlier this year, and I'm only missing about 15 figures.

I'm looking forward to CG as well, even if it did turn out a little small. Hope they do Snake Mountain.
Insanity's Peak
Civilian
Civilian

Location: The steps of City Hall, 1 Atlas Plaza, in the Atlas Park district of Paragon City

Postby Princess_Amethyst » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:42 pm

Yup, I like She-Ra in particularly! I have the complete series on DVD and a lot of the Masters of the Universe Classics. Mostly concentrating on Great Rebellion figures right now!
Princess_Amethyst
Hero
Hero

Postby FlynnLives » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:52 am

I too am a subscriber for the Matty line. Growing up my brothers and I had huge collections of Star Wars, He-Man and GI Joe, so Classics has been an absolute joy to collect!
FlynnLives
Rookie
Rookie

Postby packerbacker180 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:13 am

I loved He-man growing up but never got into the figures as an adult. Had to draw the line somewhere so it's strictly superhero figs for me. If I had the money I probably would've gotten into He-man figs, they look pretty cool and bring back memories. Especially when it's a character I totally forgot existed.

Funny story, as a kid I remember how the miniseries "V" freaked me out for a while, especially when I heard on the news about illegal aliens, lol. Was a while before I could look at Whiplash again. Damn lizards!
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Anarky » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:33 am

As a kid, I had some shera toys and a fascination with motu but I really took to it starting with 2k
Anarky
Rookie
Rookie

Postby abaddon_31 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:38 am

Hi! Yes, definite He-Fan here!

Loved Masters since I was 8. I was there when the line began and I'll be there when it's over.
abaddon_31
Civilian
Civilian

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:50 pm

Oh yeah, you better believe that I am! I am as a big hardcore fan as you can get! I love everything MOTU from the Vintage figures to Filmation to MOTUC :!: In fact MOTU is THE ONE that love. I'm a Star Wars guy and Trekkie but there is nothing like MOTU IMO! It is such a special and exciting thing to be a part of!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby loolar » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:11 pm

I got started after doing the 4H Ravens Kickstarter; I wanted all the Snake Men as antagonists. Well, that was one slippery slope. I've been trying to catch up, but it ain't cheap (the Big Lots thing helped!). I'm subbed for next year, but trying to get day-of stuff this year.

Ironically, I rarely watched the cartoon as a kid. Got the DVD set for the first seasons of both He-Man and She-Ra to watch with the kids, but I honestly love how we make up our own "fan fiction" about who these characters are. We play "Masters of the Universe" where my kids select a figure, then have to creatively invent what her/his powers are based on the look of the figure (you get to have three), then we play (gently - no bashing or throwing Daddy's toys!). Given a choice of a number of great figures, my son decided on the 30th Anniversary Cy-Chop. Yep, that's what he thought looked cool. As much as that figure got trashed, he thought it was the coolest toy. My daughter chose Catra, but largely because she has a pink sword.
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:44 pm

loolar wrote:I got started after doing the 4H Ravens Kickstarter; I wanted all the Snake Men as antagonists. Well, that was one slippery slope. I've been trying to catch up, but it ain't cheap (the Big Lots thing helped!). I'm subbed for next year, but trying to get day-of stuff this year.

Ironically, I rarely watched the cartoon as a kid. Got the DVD set for the first seasons of both He-Man and She-Ra to watch with the kids, but I honestly love how we make up our own "fan fiction" about who these characters are. We play "Masters of the Universe" where my kids select a figure, then have to creatively invent what her/his powers are based on the look of the figure (you get to have three), then we play (gently - no bashing or throwing Daddy's toys!). Given a choice of a number of great figures, my son decided on the 30th Anniversary Cy-Chop. Yep, that's what he thought looked cool. As much as that figure got trashed, he thought it was the coolest toy. My daughter chose Catra, but largely because she has a pink sword.

Hah, that sounds like fun, very cool ;)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Next

Return to He-man & the Masters of the Universe