Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Cancelled Castle Credit Cards

Featuring some of the most creative looking action figures, ever, He-man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power has garnered a huge following since it's creation in the early '80s.

Cancelled Castle Credit Cards

Postby Idiot Savant » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:40 pm

As reported on Action Figure Insider: hope this hasn't happened to anyone else!

Several folks who placed a pre-order for Castle Grayskull in the original order window received the following email this week:

Dear XXXXX,
We are writing you to let you know that your pre-order for the Castle Grayskull playset did not successfully process, and we have had to put your castle on hold.

Order Number: XXXXXXXXXXX

But don’t worry! We would like to give you the chance to claim your pre-order. Just contact our Customer Service Team at MattyCollector.CS@digitalriver.com or call them directly at 877-GO-MATTY, and they will be happy to help make sure you get the Castle you had originally pre-ordered.
You will have until 6pm CT on December 4th to contact customer service to address your pre-order. Please do not wait until the last minute, as you will not want to miss out on this essential set!
Sincerely,
MattyCollector.com Customer Service

I myself got this email and had to call today to update my billing information. For some reason DR was charging an old expired card of mine and not the one attached to my original pre-order. They took my updated info and said I’d have an updated email in the next 4 days.

Apparently I’m not alone in this and today Mattel/Scott posted the following information that he asked us to pass along:

Castle fans,
We are starting to send out payment authorizations to begin shipping the Castle. If we tried to authorize your card and it failed you should get an email alerting you to this. When the CC fails, the Castle order is “canceled”. To quickly uncancel and ensure your Castle comes as intended, please just simply call CS and confirm a current card.
I realize that many of you already switched cards during the year and there are reports coming in that the old card was charged. I apologize for this, but as noted above, please just call CS today and clarify your current card so it can be charged.
There is some urgency as any unclaimed Castles by Dec 5th will be added to the “day of stock” on Dec 16th at $300.00. So to ensure you get your Castle at the presale price, and your presale X sell poster, make sure your current card is on file. If you received an email notifying you we could not charge your card, call 1-877- GO MATTY as soon as possible.
Also, as we need everyone’s help, please help repost this message on all of your Facebook accounts or web pages. We want to ensure all preorder customers receive there Castle at the preorder price.

Thanks!
TG
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Re: Cancelled Castle Credit Cards

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:23 pm

Thankfully I didn't get the ill-fated e-mail in my inbox. Yikes. Just yikes.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Webslinger » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:41 pm

I now know why the Grayskull orders are getting cancelled... so they can charge us all more shipping! my shipping went up almost $8.00, more than we originally agreed upon. Talk about shady dealings within a major toy company. And like always I have no choice other than to pay it if I want my Castle... F'n Mattel.
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby beastovjudgement » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:08 pm

You know, that actually sounds pretty feasible. If DR accidentally undercharged for shipping initially, they would not be able to add to the charge on an existing preorder. By canceling and then placing new orders, DR can now apply the shipping fees they want. I don't know if this is for certain what is happening, but it would not surprise me.
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:09 pm

Man, I didn't want to say it but I had a feeling they wouldn't be honouring the original shipping price for cancelled credit card re-orders.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Webslinger » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:07 pm

"Underhanded business deals"... that's our motto here at Mattel =)
Webslinger
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby Idiot Savant » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:53 pm

That's such a dick move by Mattel....sure they may not have known EXACTLY the weight/dimensional prices, but they at least should've been up front to their customers about this; I'll bet most if not all would be fine with it if they were just honest people.

Makes me very happy that they never got around to frak the DCUC customers over with a Batcave or HoJ or Batmobile or anything else

What a bunch of "fargin iceholes"
I am one of the 63%....
Idiot Savant
League Elite
League Elite

Location: Galactic Sector Z-Z-9-Plural-Z Alpha-middle-of-effing-nowhere-Wisconsin

Return to He-man & the Masters of the Universe