Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

MOTU 1987 Movie The Official ULTIMATE Thread - TONS of pics!

Featuring some of the most creative looking action figures, ever, He-man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power has garnered a huge following since it's creation in the early '80s.

Re: MOTU 1987 Movie The Official ULTIMATE Thread

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:39 pm

The Weapons & Gadgets: Various weapons used throughout the film.

Blasters & Rifles, trackers and communicators.

The Cosmic Key: One of the most important inventions of all Eternia, it can open doorways to any dimension. It is what Skeletor seeks to obtain.

Skeletor's Barge: Skeletor's Barge, a very large hovering vehicle that could hold him on his throne. Connected on the front was a section for the pilot and as well as the right and left sides of the craft would be home to his Sky Centurions. This hover craft of the destroying lord would play a big part of the story!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:40 pm

The Locations & Places.

Eternia: Located in the far reaches in the middle of the Universe, it is a planet of beauty and wonder and good and corruption.

Castle Grayskull: The most mystical fortress on Eternian, it the the place that Skeletor seeks to obtain for ultimate power to rule the planet and the universe itself.

Earth: The only known planet to house proven living life forms in its solar system, it is a wonderful and beautiful planet with intelligent human beings as well as fabulous fauna & flora. It also has its fantastic mysteries of its past to fauna to ancient Civilizations and Mythology.

Whittier Village of Whittier, California in greater Los Angeles County, California, United States of a American: A large city with decent communities. The area is home to Julie and Kevin where the Enterians have to help them after Skeletor's earth invasion!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

My personal thoughts about the Masters of the Universe Motion Picture:

I was very young when this movie came out in 1987, the good old days, the great 80s! I had loved all kinds of films back (big and small) in the day and still do in this modern era, Ghostbusters, back to the Future, Star Wars Empire Strikes back & Return of the Jedi, Raiders of the Lost & Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and others like House & House II, My
Science Project, Big Trouble in Little China, Howard the Duck, The Fly among so many more. In My opinion some of the best movies in the history of cinema were made in the great decade of the 1980s! With all of that being said is My words on the MOTU movie!

Me, My Grandma & Grandpa were going to see it but it had left theaters quite quickly so we never got the chance but during the great VHS rental days we were able to rent it not to long after it came to be available on video. Being a huge fan of He-Man because My parents bought Me many of the vintage figures and recorded the He-Man & She-Ra episodes on TV, I just loved it all so in a kids' mind I expected too much out of the film and I was a bit disappointed about because Beast Man didn't talk and use his whip, and guys like Clawful (whom is one of My favorites) wasn't in the movie. Still to this day I feel sorry for poor Saurod. I had some mixed emotions about the film. Same thing happen when the New Adventures of He-Man was on TV. Of course back then I didn't understand things and appreciate them but now over the years when I got older I have come to appreciate things and especially MOTU more than ever, My love for it has grown to a ginormous level so the movie has too despite its differences I have accepted it just as much as I have the NA. Both are so cool and now since we have the MOTUC with everything in it and stories unbounding and tying together into one huge cannon, it excites Me more and more!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

The Concepts: Here you will see the concepts of the characters and more by William Stout and others. Along with this is also pictures showing the final look and version of that character and location where available. My personal favorite is Saurod's concept. He was gonna be a huge intelligent dinosaurian-like alien but ultimately the second concept paid off and is nearly identical to the film version. To this day I wonder how Saurod may have been if he was green lighted like the first?

He-Man's Concept:

Skeletor's Concept:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:41 pm

Duncan/Man-At-Arms' and Teela's Concepts:

The Sorceress' Concept:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Evil-Lyn's Concept:

Beast Man's Concept:

Blade's Concept:

Saurod's Concept:

Karg's Concept:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

The Eternian Guard Concept:

Skeletor's Troopers Concept:

Eternia's Concept:

Castle Grayskull's Concept:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Alternative Earth Scene:

Alternative scene with He-Man & Julie Winston:

Julie's leg concept
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

THE CONCEPTS & IDEAS THAT NEVER MADE IT!

She-Ra!

She-Ra, He-Man's twin sister was originally going to be in the film and be the equal heroine as He-Man. It was very obvious since she too was very popular. Like most of the other concepts of the characters among other things, her great and unique concept was done by none other than the extraordinary artist William Stout but in the end she was left on the cutting room floor. To this day it is unknown how she would have been in the film or whom the final choice would be to play her!

The Worruck!

The Worruck was going to be an outcast warrior very much like the Tusken Raiders appeared in the Star Wars movies. He would have been a fine baddie but like She-Ra he was left on the cutting room floor.

Snake Mountain and Skeletor's Minions!

Though Skeletor had his minions, they did not appear this way and Snake Mountain was never seen and while there was plans to do more its only way of life was a concept and unfortunately this impressive scene never made it.

Other Concepts and a fun one!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:42 pm

THE COMPARISONS: In this section is a comparison of the film versions being compared with various other versions of their-selves. The selections are not meant to be complete, their just to give you the idea!

He-Man:Though Lundgren's He-Man sports blonde hair, dark tan skin and very muscular and tall in stature. If there were a "real" He-Man this is most likely as close as possible one could be or at least in Hollywood. Being 6ft, 5in tall and weighing well over 200 pounds, Dolph Lundgren was the most obvious, perfect and ideal choice for He-Man at the time. As good as his "live action" version of He-Man was he did vary considerably from all previous He-Man versions seen. One huge difference is that he was "always" He-Man, "never" Prince Adam. Apparently Prince Adam did not exist in this MOTU. An excellent swordsman and marksman, he only used a large sword that had no apparent back story like the comics and animated series that preceded the film though when he reached for his sword and achieved obtaining it once more from Skeletor he did cry "I have the Power". Also He-Man used a blaster pistol as well as laser rifles. His armor was similar but was missing his iconic cross symbol and he also wore a red cape. He really wasn't comical with one liners like in the cartoons but he was a decent person and had a great personality and always did the right thing. Dolph's He-Man may not have been "exactly" like any of the previous versions but with out question, his was indeed a dynamic one!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

PreviousNext

Return to He-man & the Masters of the Universe