Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

MOTU Classics Mantenna

Featuring some of the most creative looking action figures, ever, He-man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power has garnered a huge following since it's creation in the early '80s.

Re: MOTU Classics Mantenna

Postby loolar » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:26 pm

BrandonDaCollector wrote:
loolar wrote:I think he looks great - I hope I'm able to get him day-of. I'm a first time subber for 2014, so I've been trying to catch up for 2013 on day-of sales, and been lucky so far.

OK, have you bought any figure from Matty before on DOS? I have since 2009 and subbed sinced 2010 and with this experiance I can tell you sometimes it can be quite annoying and very nerve racking. Since the WSOD (White Screen Of Death) is no more, it has been slightly better but this year has been horrible since the Post SDCC sale with all of the errors and red screen crap.

I've only been trying for the last two months; I got Shokoti, Castaspella, and Batros without issue. I'm certain this month will be the real test, though. Fingers crossed!
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:24 am

loolar wrote:
loolar wrote:I think he looks great - I hope I'm able to get him day-of. I'm a first time subber for 2014, so I've been trying to catch up for 2013 on day-of sales, and been lucky so far.

OK, have you bought any figure from Matty before on DOS? I have since 2009 and subbed sinced 2010 and with this experiance I can tell you sometimes it can be quite annoying and very nerve racking. Since the WSOD (White Screen Of Death) is no more, it has been slightly better but this year has been horrible since the Post SDCC sale with all of the errors and red screen crap.

I've only been trying for the last two months; I got Shokoti, Castaspella, and Batros without issue. I'm certain this month will be the real test, though. Fingers crossed!

YES, indeed it will, be prepared for error screens and chaos. I am not kidding you :!:
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:17 am

My Mantenna can't get here soon enough!! I'm not in as big a rush for Lord Dactys. Mainly because I have zero space left on my Heroic Warriors shelf. Not sure what I'm going to do with him now...
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:15 am

WOW, just got Matenna and he is incredible! I just love how his legs are indedently articulated with hidden joints :eek: He is a great canidate for figure of the year! I do wich he had a couple more sets that were blueish like the vintage figure.

I just can't believe how dang great he is, one of the best thus far!!!!!!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:41 pm

Okay, finally got my Mantenna. Wow, he's awesome. Easily my favourite villain figure so far and that's saying a lot considering how much I love Hordak and Battleground Evil-Lyn's pixie cut alt-head. One thing, though. I thought it was goofy how you have to take his mouth off to pop out/in the eyes and when I took mine out, the black peg ripped out of his mouth and stuck to his face. It was only glued in there and the head offered more resistance than the glue I guess and it came out.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:39 pm

AcidDragon wrote:Okay, finally got my Mantenna. Wow, he's awesome. Easily my favourite villain figure so far and that's saying a lot considering how much I love Hordak and Battleground Evil-Lyn's pixie cut alt-head. One thing, though. I thought it was goofy how you have to take his mouth off to pop out/in the eyes and when I took mine out, the black peg ripped out of his mouth and stuck to his face. It was only glued in there and the head offered more resistance than the glue I guess and it came out.

Yes, the peg part happen to Me as well :roll:
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:52 pm

Poor engineering on Mattel/4H's part... but at least it's rare-ish that it occurs with the MOTUC line. Poor engineering, that is. Not outright accidentally putting the wrong shoulders on figures. :batlol:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby loolar » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:56 am

loolar wrote:I've only been trying for the last two months; I got Shokoti, Castaspella, and Batros without issue. I'm certain this month will be the real test, though. Fingers crossed!

YES, indeed it will, be prepared for error screens and chaos. I am not kidding you :!:

I was able to complete the rest of 2013 on Day of Sales without a problem. I did pass on Sky High and Geldor (I got Geldor later much cheaper from a collector dumping it on ebay; alas, Sky High's prices only keep going sky high), but got everyone else, including the Horde Troopers! I got two sets of those, because I have army-building disease (I have two sets of the Eternian Palace Guards, but so far have only been able to get a single set of the Snake Men for a reasonable price).
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:47 am

loolar wrote:
loolar wrote:I've only been trying for the last two months; I got Shokoti, Castaspella, and Batros without issue. I'm certain this month will be the real test, though. Fingers crossed!

I was able to complete the rest of 2013 on Day of Sales without a problem. I did pass on Sky High and Geldor (I got Geldor later much cheaper from a collector dumping it on ebay; alas, Sky High's prices only keep going sky high), but got everyone else, including the Horde Troopers! I got two sets of those, because I have army-building disease (I have two sets of the Eternian Palace Guards, but so far have only been able to get a single set of the Snake Men for a reasonable price).

I am very surprised, you were one of the lucky ones :o Cool about your army builders and yes, a second set of Snake Men is needed!

Geldor was very good and fun too!

Shame you skipped out on Sky High, he was great! Check out My Sky High post, you'll see how much fun he is and how much I like him :)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby loolar » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:22 am

I did eventually get Sky High on the evilbay, and for a smidgen cheaper than day of sales. In hand the sky sled is much more impressive than pictures indicated.
loolar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to He-man & the Masters of the Universe