Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

MOTUC at BIG LOTS: Did you find any?

Featuring some of the most creative looking action figures, ever, He-man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power has garnered a huge following since it's creation in the early '80s.

MOTUC at BIG LOTS: Did you find any?

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:11 pm

Have you guys hear the Big Lots story? MOTUC and even GBC has been found there! Have you went and got got lucky? Here is My recent experiance @ Big Lots that I posted on the Matty Board! First quote is from a couple weeks ago, second is just the other day :!:

Originally posted by BrandontheMattyCollector:
OK guys, I gotta a weird story for you!

I wanted to check out this Big Lots situation out for Myself and so I did. It had been a long while since I went to My local BL so things had changed there. Now the figures aisle was moved toward the back by the pet aisle now. So trying to see the aisles looking through all of the Barbies (they had a ton!) then I finally noticed the action figures cuz they had Power Rangers, POTC, WWE, Star Trek (they still had a lot of them!) and more. I didn't see no MOTUC but I didn't give up so I kept on looking around. I then had the feeling to check the AFs again, sure enough I saw 1 Icarius in the back of the wall and I was so surprised! Then I saw another Icarius on a peg. I looked at them for awhile and put them both back up on the peg. I didn't buy them cuz I already have Icaruis (got him back when he first came out in 2011) but something strange happen. I couldn't leave, I became obsessed with the figure but really something else. It wasn't Icaruis, it was the fact that I WAS HOLDING A MOTU figure in My hands:eek: It had been over 10 years since I held a MOTU figure in a local store when the 200X line was around!!!!!!!!! For the life of Me I could not leave! I then after like the 4th time leaving the aisle, I was like half way to the exit door THEN I kept on thinkin' about it then I went all the way back to the aisle and looked again and still couldn't believe this had happen! I bet I a faked leave about 10 times:eek:

So in short, most figures had been bought up/taken by employees so I don't know who else they had. If they had Vykron or BG Teela (I already got them too), I may have bought an extra one of them for bashes provided they had them.

So there you go guys, that is My Big Lots experience!

Originally posted by BrandontheMattyCollector:
Gonna see if I can stop by My local one once again today and see if there is anything new. Just for the heck of fun of it I hoping to see a huge display of them now and just not two figures of Icarus like before. I'd love to see Ghostbusters there as well so we shall see!

OK, well, I was able to go to My local Big Lots in South St. Louis and while I can tell you whole details like I usually do, let's do a pic & commentary this time around and see what happen shall we:cool:

There is Big Lots!

Clocks, I always like to look at them whenever I'm at a store.

Yeah, it's Halloween time!

WHAT? Christmas already? Well it is around the corner:)

OK, getting closer to the action figures aisle. They moved them toward the pet aisle which is many aisles away, what is up with that? Yeah, that is Monster High figures. Back when they first came out I was really thinkin' about collecting them but I never did.

Oh look, its Flipshot oh I mean Icarus! He is STILL there! NOW he is with the power Rangers, LOL. I picked him up and immediately looked around the side to see if there any more MOTUC or Ghostbusters hoping as I said before to see a NEW HUGE display!!!!!! How awesome that would be to see that especially GBs cuz they haven't been in stores for many, many years!

I looked around and kept on looking, I saw the same John Cena & Shamus stuff, the same POTC figures and other stuff I just wasn't interested IN but no MOTUC to be seen but then I looked a bit down and low and behold I saw another Icarus in the middle shelf so BOTH Icarus figures were moved off of the pegs that I put them on before a couple weeks prior:eek: I made sure there was no other MOTUC figures laying around or Ghostbusters and very unfortunately there wasn't:( I learned that you gotta look for Icarus, he's like Where's Waldo for cryin' out loud:D

So I had an idea about Icarus. So I got the first one by The Power Ranger cuz he looked the best of the two. I had to get him (again cuz I got him back during 2011) because this idea was IMO brilliant and I had to make it come true! Which more on that in a bit. NEWZ: Look, he is leaving the store:eek:

Oh look, more Christmas & Halloween stuff!

Image Image Image

Would you look at that, Icarus is in the car!

He made it home now!

Image Image

So what was My idea? I love My recent addition of Sky High so much I'm going bash him and this new Icarus and place Sky High's head on his body among other things and make Sky High have a total new look! I haven't done it yet but will soon! As a said a couple weeks ago, I can't believe that MOTUC is at a store that they are $10:eek: So there you go with My Big Lots experience:)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: MOTUC at BIG LOTS: Did you find any?

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:19 pm

Man, we don't even have a Big Lots here in Canada. Damn. For some reason, I can't find the flip visor for Flipshot which annoys the heck out of me. It was last seen on my desk and it vanished. :batshock: Hey, they wouldn't happen to have Castle Greyskullman there, would they? To this day, the only figure I'm missing. :batsad:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:43 pm

OK, here is a list from the Matty Board, hope it helps.

Adora
Buzz-Off
Catra
Chief Carnivus
Clawful
Count Marzo
Faceless One
Grizzlor
Icarius
Man-E-Faces
Megator
Mo-Larr & Skeletor
Moss-Man
Orko & Prince Adam
Snout Spout
Sy-Klone
Vykron (Military version)

Battleground Teela (need to confirm)
King Grayskull (need to confirm)
Leech (need to confirm)
Thunder Punch He-Man (rumor so far)
Mosquitor (rumor so far)
Demo-Man (kind of confirmed with an individual case)

This list is UNBELIEVABLE! All are from 2011 overstock so nothing past that has been found. For Ghostbusters Vigo, Vinz, the the GB2 - 1/6 2 packs has been found as well. Again, I hope this helps:)
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:49 pm

Ah darn, I already have all of those (some doubles) but that's a crazy list great for anyone who wants to get into the line, that's for sure. One double I wouldn't mind having though is Rattlor. I wish I bought two of him now. One for my Horde and one for my Snakemen. I missed out on him back when he was reissued for Early Access. Argh.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:58 pm

Yeah, that is the list so far. I know, EA can be a great or a pain!
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:00 am

Shoot and not to mention Rattlor's 200X armour is arriving giving me even more of an incentive to get another one of him! :batshock:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby packerbacker180 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:26 am

I've seen some of those around here, even a six-inch Ray Stantz and a Skeletor/Mo-Lar set.. I'd really love to find more $5 DCUC at Big Lots, but besides 2 Roys and Ollies, Reverse Flash, two WL Flash, Hawk, Dove and Sinestro, I haven't found any in a while. $5 is awesome fodder prices.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:39 am

Holy, $5?? Geez. I should get my US buddies to hook me up with some custom fodder. :bafspaz:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby O.G.Trilogy » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:28 am

When I first heard about this I went to all three of the Big Lots stores in my area and only found one that actually had anything. I found multiples of Icarus and Buzz-Off and a Catra which I bought and gave to my girlfriend. I only have a few MOTU figures so I wasn't really interested in them but I was really hoping to find some of the Ghostbusters though and I never saw any of those.

MOTUC is like the 25th Anniversary G.I.Joes and Walking Dead figures. I really think they're awesome and I do have a few of them, but I can't afford to buy EVERYTHING and I have to draw a line somewhere. :smummm:
O.G.Trilogy
Partner
Partner

Postby packerbacker180 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:17 am

Yeah. That's where I'm at. I'd love to collect MotU since I loved them as a kid. But I have bills to pay and kids to feed, so I don't have any. The GB figs seem pretty scarce. I've only seen a couple here or there except one BL that had about a dozen Vigos. I have eleven Big Lots within a half hour if me. I've seen MotU at just about all if them, DCUC at two, and GB at maybe four.
"Somewhere in a lonely hotel room, there's a guy starting to realize that eternal fate has turned its back on him. It's 2 AM."
packerbacker180
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Next

Return to He-man & the Masters of the Universe