Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

The Fighting Foe Men (FFM) from the Beginning!

Featuring some of the most creative looking action figures, ever, He-man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra Princess of Power has garnered a huge following since it's creation in the early '80s.

The Fighting Foe Men (FFM) from the Beginning!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:13 am

Here is a bit of a history from the Matty board, I'd thought I'd share this you for history :)

For any one who doesn't know, MOTU was origiannly going to be called The Fighting Foe Men but obviously things changed. Over the years they had been theories to be in cahoots with Demo-Man and enemies of Vikor!

ImageImage

From September of 2011

Well, I have been thinking of the Fighting Foe Men. To Me these characters are of a long lost group of villains in story and also great characters almost forgotten in concept & comic. I was looking through My archive and I thought hard about whom could fit in. Now these are My ideas/theories. I'm not sure how many FFM there is suppose to be, no matter, there is several that I feel could be potentially within that group.

Horrorsaur, Basher, Manotaur, Warthog-Man, Beastly-Human and Vulture-Man

Explanation: Just look at them, their of the past! Horrorsaur would be the monster of the group, Basher would be the scary humanoid, Manotaur would be the true warrior and Beastly-Human would be the powerhouse and Vulture-Man would be the smart one secondary leader of the group (if you count Demo-man as THE leader). All of these guys are freaking fantastic, how awesome would they be?

Lodar & Geldor

Explanation: Just looking at them immediately tells you that their evil warriors anxiously awaiting to wreak havoc and shed blood. If the group needs humans these are the two guys you need. Nobody in the Classics is like these guys, appearance or story wise, at all!

Concept Viking Hero

Explanation: As we know, Vikor's design was way different that the proto-figure and of course way different than He-Man and now Vikor is here but in My opinion didn't stop there. The proto was nothing like Vikor, even the helmet different significantly, and so the Viking Hero to be He- still didn't get justice, he was neither Vikor nor He-Man so with out a doubt he should be no longer a hero but s big bad villain which should be called Varoth or Khaalth and now have dark looming eyes having ultimate power given from Demo-Man. Varoth will now be Vikor's penultimate enemey!

Of course these are My opinions and thoughts guys, see what you think of them!
The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Re: The Fighting Foe Men (FFM) from the Beginning!

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:15 am

An example of how this time could of been!

The Past isn't a Wilderness of Horrors - We Grow Old Because We Stop Playing - DTA - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - ALWAYS Watch the Skies - Question Everything, FTW! = Me + Various <-->
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:24 am

But in 2012 The FFM were revealed totally different than what I had envisioned!

There names are Shield Maiden Sherrilyn, Ditztroyer, and Dawg-O-Tor.

They were the original concept art drivers of........

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:27 am

From the FFM Poll:

I voted that I like them, they don't suck! As most of you know I was a huge fan of the FFM back last year having envisions of who they were, what they looked liked and what era they lived in. In fact I made a collage it cuz I was so proud of My envisions. Then shortly Mattel would reveal their figures, bios of a trio that was so way far from what I had originally thought. I admit I really had big mixed emotions about them, the price was fine, it was because they were so different but over time I started to like them more and more and that they had an option to be Horde members made it sweeter. Their accessories are also great and they look just fantastic so I have excepted them for what the bio says but within My fan fiction I am extending their bio that they are secretly a decedent band of the "original Fighting Foe Men and soon going to ready who they really are! Ditztroyer is the most unusual of the group and his origin is a huge complicated one that may forever change MOTU!

Please look at the pic below that I walking about and see what you think!

What I mean is that Ditztroyer is actually an Engineer from Prometheus in My fiction :o
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:32 am

When I first saw Sky High, I immediately thought of him as FFM so in My fiction he has a secret alliance with them!

BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:39 am

So there you have it. Many complained that they were nobodies and too expensive. You know how I felt but how do you feel about the FFM?

First off, tell Me what do you think of My original envisions of the FFM, I will appreciate that very much :)

Did you envision them originally in a similar way like I did :?: Were you surprised at how they were released and what they looked like :?: Talk about it guys ;)
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby AcidDragon » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:23 pm

I did end up liking the Fighting Foe Men but they took some time getting used to. I don't think I'll ever really love some of the weapons, but the figures themselves are pretty cool. Especially with the optional Horde insignias. My biggest gripe with them are their stupid names. I mean considering that their names sound stupid by comparison to names like Stinkor and Fisto... That's saying something. Still, I do like them and they sit proudly on my Horde shelf although that might change soon with all these upcoming Horde figures!!
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BrandonDaCollector » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:41 am

AcidDragon wrote:I did end up liking the Fighting Foe Men but they took some time getting used to. I don't think I'll ever really love some of the weapons, but the figures themselves are pretty cool. Especially with the optional Horde insignias. My biggest gripe with them are their stupid names. I mean considering that their names sound stupid by comparison to names like Stinkor and Fisto... That's saying something. Still, I do like them and they sit proudly on my Horde shelf although that might change soon with all these upcoming Horde figures!!

I see. Well, can you please tell Me what do you think of My original envisions of the FFM? Do you think it was good? Did you have a similar thought about also?
BrandonDaCollector
League Elite
League Elite

Postby beastovjudgement » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:26 am

I like the designs chosen for the Fighting Foe Men set. I do wish it was not so expensive, especially since, if I did not have a subscription, I could have bought them for under $40 on the secondary market. I just assumed the "Fighting Foe Men" name was assigned to these particular characters as a nod to the original MOTU concept name, and as a way to reuse another Mattel copyright. If they had been called Salad Tong Warlords or whatever, the figures would have looked just as cool to me. I know the names are dumb, but even as a kid I thought the majority of the Masters characters had lame names. this is part of the reason I generally disregard attempts to treat the property as serious drama, like the DC series. these characters, while awesome, are inherently goofy, in my opinion. I love a lot of the concept art character designs, but I never thought one way or the other about when or if they would be used.
"The bestial screams, a life devoted - to the occult.
The flickering lights, my dream came true.
And now I'm dead.
Find me, take me. To the void, to the crooked nest, to Nekrohaven."
Satyricon, "Nekrohaven"
beastovjudgement
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:06 am

BrandonDaCollector wrote:
AcidDragon wrote:I did end up liking the Fighting Foe Men but they took some time getting used to. I don't think I'll ever really love some of the weapons, but the figures themselves are pretty cool. Especially with the optional Horde insignias. My biggest gripe with them are their stupid names. I mean considering that their names sound stupid by comparison to names like Stinkor and Fisto... That's saying something. Still, I do like them and they sit proudly on my Horde shelf although that might change soon with all these upcoming Horde figures!!

I see. Well, can you please tell Me what do you think of My original envisions of the FFM? Do you think it was good? Did you have a similar thought about also?

I wish that they turned out closer to the concept figures shown. Lodar would have made a cool looking leader. I they should've just made the FFM Heroic Warriors. They really don't look all that much like bad guys. Especially not like Horde members.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to He-man & the Masters of the Universe