Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Discuss all Marvel related media here whether it's comics, games, movies, TV series, animated programs and more!

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Premiers Sept 24th! Who's Watching

Postby O.G.Trilogy » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:22 pm

Here are a few of my random thoughts:

I think it's obvious that Agent Coulson is a Clone. Maybe he should be called Agent Cloneson.

Loved seeing the actress who played Maria Hill from the movie in the show. Also really thrilled to see Ron Glass too. Hope to see more of them in the future.

I thought the Fight Scenes, Stunts and Special Effects all looked pretty good during the action sequences.

Didn't like the Biologist or the Tech kid. They were both really iritating to me and I thought the Prometheus-style Flying Laser Camera special effects looked like crap.

They can't lose the Extremis aspects soon enough for me. I think the vague fire/heat powers were one of the main reasons why IM3 was one of the weakest movies in the Cinematic Universe IMO.
O.G.Trilogy
Partner
Partner

Postby AcidDragon » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:50 am

Glad I'm not the only one who found the tech duo irritating. :smlol:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Crazy Jetty » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:23 pm

I couldn't stand the tech duo. I honestly think they have potential to be interesting... but not the way they were portrayed here.
I know they're supossed to be the humor characters, but honestly, Coulson was a better humorist. (One reason I like him. The fact that he's the polar opposite of Fury)
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby Caleb » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:55 pm

The techies were definitely the weak link here, I think. Still, silver lining, at least they have each other to play off of / bicker with. If anyone here has ever seen Alias, 24, or even The X-Files, it's kind of annoying when the techie character (this happened in every other episode of Alias, with Marshall Flinkman) spouts off a bunch of hyper-babble, is greeted with clueless blinks, and then has to (usually following an eye-roll or a moment of confusion) explain just what the heck they're doing / talking about. At least Fitz and Simmons can just banter back and forth with each other and let their inventions do the talking, as opposed to the whole cliche "In English?" thing that ALWAYS populates shows like this.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby AcidDragon » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:15 pm

Do they have any idea how irritating (as an IT professional) to see that on TVs and movies? Granted, I've had similar experiences where I blab off a bunch of tech talk and then a client says, "Sorry what?" or actually quite literally, "In English, please?", but that's a lot rarer now that a lot of people are more tech savvy in the last 5 years or so. I think they're also trying to ride off the Scotty character model but I find it far less endearing...

Heck, and I apologize in advance for saying this, I don't even find it endearing when Simon Pegg does it. That was a lowlight for me on Star Trek: Into Darkness. It was funny sometimes, but grating other times. Like when someone does something cute and you laugh and they keep doing it because they think they'll get the same reaction but it just gets annoying after a while.
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:20 pm

ROFL! It happened! "In English" happened! And it didn't even take long. :smlol: Well, I liked that episode a lot more than I liked the pilot episode. Tech duo still grating as ever, but I knew that would be the case. It's like having two Jar Jars.
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AcidDragon » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:06 pm

Fury at the end was pretty rad. :smgasp:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Crazy Jetty » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:14 pm

Significantly better this episode.

So... who's calling Skye for what? AIM? Hydra? Something else?
I have a feeling it's not as sinister as they made it seem. Or at the very least, she's not genuinely a bad guy, but is being duped.

Also, the fishtank needs to be an occasional running gag.
Crazy Jetty
Partner
Partner

Postby Caleb » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:10 am

Just watched the new episode, now that I'm winding down from hockey. I liked it a lot better than the pilot. The team dynamic seems to be gelling a little better, Melinda May is actually kind of awesome, and the final action scene was probably some of the best stuff I've seen on network TV in a long time. Sure, it was ludicrous, but it wasn't as silly as World War Z's plane scene. (spoilers) And having Sam Jackson pop up to act like Sam Jackson was a nice touch - I really dig adding the little stinger scenes in before the credits.

I'm guessing Skye winds up either a.) Being used, b.) Being kinda-sorta bad but having a change of heart (like Faith on Buffy did), or c.) Shield is aware of the whole thing and is simply manipulating her to get to the Rising Tide's head. I mean, Coulson did tell Fury he knows she's dangerous / a liability, so...kind of makes sense that he'd know. And, of course, it'll probably upset the team when they find out he put them at risk.

Hahahaha, I noticed the "In English" thing too! The techies are sort of growing on me, but that was annoying. Okay, I'll admit, it didn't bug me as much as it used to on Alias or 24 when the government higher-ups would bark that stuff at the tech characters. At least Ward doesn't seem like the most technically astute guy, and the whole team doesn't constantly say it every time the techies start blabbering - if it keeps happening, though, it's gonna get annoying.
Caleb
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Postby O.G.Trilogy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:34 am

I laughed out loud when the guy said "In English." :batlol: You guys totally called it!

Did anyone else feel like they were watching a revamped version of Firefly/Serenity? How long before we see them bickering at eachother over a meal in the Galley? How long before one of the dudes says "I'll be in my bunk"? The jet is like a reflection of Serenity. The fake-out scene at the beginning was very Whedon-ish too and the device the agent used to knock out the rebels in Peru was exactly like the one Simon used to save River at the beginning of the Serenity movie. I really like the Asian woman and I hope they get around to doing a character study episode that is focused on her past.

Sam Jackson showing up at the end was amazing! :batgrin:
O.G.Trilogy
Partner
Partner

PreviousNext

Return to Marvel Media