Please keep this forum going by using this banner as your link to BBTS, thank you!
Connect With Other DC Comics Fans @ DCToyRevolution.org!

Marvel Legends

Discuss the latest news on Marvel Legends, Marvel Universe and other toy lines based on your favourite Marvel comics personalities!

Re: Marvel Legends

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:29 pm

I think thats why they did that.To up the sales of that wave. Cause they were saying there was no star power, and then they included the marvel now Thor. I feel they have been trying to use the BAFs as selling point. Every BAF so far could of been just in the wave (maybe R.R. not so much, unless he was packed with someone else of equal size.)

The 50/50s are good idea in theory, except I never see them in stores. I think Ive bought all of the ones I have from conventions or the comic shop
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby Shockprowl » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:01 am

Hi all. I'm a big fan of Legends, but they're often hard to find here in the UK. The newer Hasbro figs are very nice, and I've been slowly 'up-dating' some if my older figures. Recieved a Wrecker the other week, love him, only one to go before I finally have a complete Legends Wrecking Crew! What's the word on Bulldozer? And some of the other running change figures, such as chin-of-doom Sentry?
Shockprowl
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Freddie: » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:15 am

Retailers stopped reordering $17-$20 6 inch super hero action figures from both Mattel and Hasbro, this is why we aren't seeing the revision cases that have the Marvel Legends variants in them. Moms don't want to spend $20 for one figure and there aren't enough collectors for a clean enough sell through, forcing retailers to take markdowns. Many people were upset about Dani Moonstar not being released but Bulldozer is more important in my opinion because he finishes a team. It will be interesting to see how Hasbro handles the Sentrys, Moonstars, etc.
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Shockprowl » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:47 pm

Thanks for the info Freddie. Doesn't sound good. I would have expected there would be enough adult collectors out there to warrant the figures releases, but obviously not, otherwise they'd have released them. Fingers crossed anyway! Bulldozer has to be a priority for 'them' to release, as you say, he finishes the team. Incomplete teams drive me bonkers! And from a selfish point of view I'd really like to see Sentry and old style costume Hawkeye.
Shockprowl
Civilian
Civilian

Postby AcidDragon » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:53 pm

As a guy who collects a lot of figures from the DC and Marvel lines with the idea of completing teams as a huge motivating factor, I sympathize. lol. I'm still bummed over classic Beast not having been released for the 3.75" Marvel Universe line. :smsad:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

NYCC Hasbro Party - The Toyark

Postby 1987olds442 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:33 am

I was looking at the coverage of the NYCC Hasbro Party over at The Toyark, and I really like what they have shown thus far, and I like how they are doing the BAF for the most part to make it easier to army build the Mandroid. The only part I don't like it that only one figure comes with the head, and he isn't an army building figure like the Hydra and AIM figures.

One thing that worries me is the Star Wars Black style packaging does that also mean Star Wars Black pricing?

Oh after seeing the spikes on the shoulders on the Ultimate Green Goblin was anyone else thinking about making a Doomsday? :smgrin:
1987olds442
News & Reviews
News & Reviews

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:11 am

Good call on the packaging. :batshock:
"Finally got all the way through that 'Death of Superman' video game...as Steel. Play Superboy and you're history by level three, right? But Steel..." - Kon-El AKA Superboy
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Freddie: » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:13 am

AcidDragon wrote:As a guy who collects a lot of figures from the DC and Marvel lines with the idea of completing teams as a huge motivating factor, I sympathize. lol. I'm still bummed over classic Beast not having been released for the 3.75" Marvel Universe line. :smsad:

The silver lining there is that Toy Biz did a "90's" Beast in the Marvel Showdown line so it is possible to get a Beast that fits with the Jim Lee X-men in the correct scale. Sure, you'll need to donate a kidney to afford him but the option is there unlike Storm. Since the modern costume Storm pegwarmed so hard, I doubt we'll see a Jim Lee Storm unless they work her into the Days Of Future Past 3 3/4 inch line next year. Same issue comes up with the Invisible Woman but the same fix is available as well. Sure she looks like Joan Rivers but at least she's in scale and available in 3 different versions, solid, phasing and clear.
Freddie:
Sidekick
Sidekick

Postby Bo-rilla Grodd » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:13 pm

I saw something that said the price for the Captain America wave is gonna be 22.99?!?!
"He Got What He Came to Him"
Bo-rilla Grodd
Hero
Hero

Postby AcidDragon » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:41 pm

Yikes. Those are like Canadian/UK prices. :batlol:
AcidDragon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Marvel Toy Discussion